The Playoffs

Dripsey3

Supporter+

Wycombe 2-1 Plymouth. 5-3 on agg. Wycombe went up 2 nil. Plymouth woke up but it wasn't enough. Slow starts cost them over the 2 legs.

Southend 3-1 Stevenage. 4-2 on agg. Stevenage took the lead. Southend levelled it. Deep into injury time, Southend got a very soft penalty. Barry Corr missed it. Extra time. Stephen McLaughlin, remember him? and Timlin won it. Timlin has 15 stitches in his head.....

Supporter+

Middlesbrough 3-0 Brentford. 5-1 on agg. As comfortable as it looks. Brentford did brilliantly to make it to the playoffs.

Supporter+

Norwich 3-1 Ipswich. 4-2 on agg. Norwich deserved to win but Ipswich gave their all. Game turned on the clear handball for the penalty which gave Norwich the lead. Berra sent off. Ipswich levelled it but couldn't hold out.

Norwich 3-1 Ipswich. 4-2 on agg. Norwich deserved to win but Ipswich gave their all. Game turned on the clear handball for the penalty which gave Norwich the lead. Berra sent off. Ipswich levelled it but couldn't hold out.

I might be going to the play-off final with my Dad who is a Norwich fan. It's allowed because they are also NCFC right?

For family reasons I'm not allowed to want Norwich to win, groovy initials or not. Wouldn't have begrudged Bart a day at Wembley.

Grimsby play Bristol Rovers today, who does everyone want to win? I'm definitely for Grimsby, it's a possible trip to the seaside. And I think they'd be less of a threat next season than Rovers.

Supporter+

Bristol Rovers 1-1 Grimsby. Rovers win on penalties. Long trip next season.

Supporter+

Southend 1-1 Wycombe. 7-6 on pens. What drama. Wycombe took the lead and looked set for victory but Southend scored in the 122nd minute.

I'd prefer to play Wycombe than Southend next season.

Supporter+

PNE 4-0 Swindon. Beckford scored a hat trick. PNE went 2 up early. Never looked in danger really. Harsh on Swindon. Never recovered from those early goals.

Supporter+

PNE 4-0 Swindon. Beckford scored a hat trick. PNE went 2 up early. Never looked in danger really. Harsh on Swindon. Never recovered from those early goals.

Serves 'em right for fielding a reserve team against our relegation rivals. :mad:

Supporter+

Norwich 2-0 Middlesbrough. 2 early goals. Comfortable victory. Middlesbrough didn't turn up in the 1st half. Better in the 2nd.

Thanks Tony but your biggest problem was that we doubled you and lost points to your relegation rivals. Mark Cooper rested players to keep them fit and fresh yet started the final with a very dubious Nathan Thompson who in the first 96 seconds gave away a free kick, failed to clear the ball and was stretched off with another injury.

Preston beat us fair and square and, for what it's worth, I think justice was done because they finished third.

I don't know if you've been to the new Wembley but this was our third trip in five years. This time we went by coach, not train, and the route took us through an adjacent trading estate that was like desolation alley ... horrible.

The high spot for me was the fish and chip seller inside the stadium asking me if I was there for the match ... and I replied yes.

Over and out.

Mickeyr

Supporter+

Thanks Tony but your biggest problem was that we doubled you and lost points to your relegation rivals.

Sorry @medievalmickey no offence meant, you must be gutted to have got so far, I know we were architects of our own downfall but I still think it was unprofessional to play reserves at that stage of the season. Just my opinion and I probably would be of the same opinion if a Notts manager had done the same.

I'm sure if the boot had been on the other foot and Notts had done the same to Swindon you would have felt the same.

No offence taken Tony.

Resting the players is at best dubious but Mark Cooper believed it was right but, in my opinion, faltered at the last moment by letting his heart rule his head and start the obviously unfit Nathan Thompson. This failed totally and we were beaten more heavily than the changed team was at Preston.

I could not understand when Andy Williams, who will almost certainly not be at the club next season, was brought on with the game well lost and teenage striker Jermaine Hylton denied the chance of playing at Wembley.

Anyway Tony our six loanees will return to parent clubs, two will leave at end of contract and three are already linked with transfers. I think Mark Cooper had this in mind when playing some fringe players in the last few meaningless, to him, matches.

i hope you're not too disappointed @medievalmickey.Roll on next season eh. :thumbsup:

Archived