Stfc 23/03/2013

medievalmickey

I am medievalmickey a supporter of Swindon Town.

Why the name? I am ancient and abhor listening to any current news so I find things out by hearsay and general conversation. My son thinks I belong in the Dark Ages.

I was introduced to Walsall Web-Fans Forum, made to feel very welcome and enjoy the friendly banter and true camaraderie. I met notts-joe on that site and am pleased to join yours.

Football is tribal and we want our own team to win every match.  We fans all have this wish but basically love the game and would normally get on together because of this interest.

Welcome on board Medievalmickey.

I agree with your comments.As a Rams fan living in Nottingham I've obviously met many Forest fans and used to enjoy the friendly banter at work.Unfortunately there are some 'fans' who go too far and often they only jump on the band waggon when doing well.

By the way I remember seeing Don Rogers v Rams.Very good player.

Looking forward to your post.

Sorry for the delay in my response, I've been swamped today.

Welcome to the community! I'm honored that you've taken the time to join and introduce yourself, it's something I like - knowing that we can have fans who have a good sense of humour, mix but importantly respect each other in the sense of keeping everything friendly. WWF certainly does that, so now we have two very loyal and fans who I look forward to knowing better.

My son thinks I belong in the Dark Ages.

I think the same thing about my dad.. ^^^ (Super Ram) hehe

Thank you for posting such a warm, friendly introduce. Hope you enjoy the site :)
~Joe

Hi, Welcome!

I honestly have not been a member of such a friendly community, it's really nice here and just needs more fans. You will fit in just fine, so like previously mentioned I look forward to seeing you around. "We fans all have this wish but basically love the game and would normally get on together because of this interest." Exactly, something some of the youth today undervalue. Nobody here views it differently, all respectful but again I'm only just finding my own feet.

Enjoy your visits. I'm David by the way :)

Supporter+

Welcome from me too Mickey, I sometimes get accused of being in the dark ages so you are not on your own. You will find that we have a really friendly crowd on here and you will be made most welcome and your views will be respected.

Welcome from me too Mickey, I sometimes get accused of being in the dark ages so you are not on your own. You will find that we have a really friendly crowd on here and you will be made most welcome and your views will be respected.

yes, this is no problem. Joe and co give us outsiders a lot of respect, we are 'residents' and im very proud of this.

welcome to the community :)

Big welcome Medieval Mickey! Glad you have made your way to this excellent site! Look forward to your posts fella.

To other PON members, I have met MM on two occassions, both times at the Cricket Club in Swindon the last as recently as March 9th and he is a top bloke, as you will see in his postings......

Big welcome Medieval Mickey! Glad you have made your way to this excellent site! Look forward to your posts fella.

To other PON members, I have met MM on two occassions, both times at the Cricket Club in Swindon the last as recently as March 9th and he is a top bloke, as you will see in his postings......

Cricket <_< Why does everyone keep mentioning it!! :unsure:  :( *crying*.. (this confirms it we need more similes)

To be serious - You can tell SadLad, I'm glad that Gaz recommended asking him for his views and I would be stuffed without them. I enjoyed an exchanged of PM's, which also goes to show how friendly he is. I have a lot of time for fans of this nature, as I do with who I quoted.

Archived