Amazing..

Chris

So, I have wanted to try to attend more games. (I've done this) I wanted to take the step a little further and from the kindness shown by 2piesonmyshirt driving myself + Jake all the way to Hartlepool and back, it made me taste what the 'away day' is like. I really wanted to feel like I did that day, to sum up so easily doesn't justify it but it was simply amazing.

Kim kindly offered to allow me and Jake to tag along to the game against Swindon.

Both myself and him were excited, we later found out WeymouthPie would be attending and it became so much more important. (met and finally said hello to some very nice people) I love how bright and engaging Jake responded to the trip, however the whole day will be one of them we both will remember. As you can tell I feel very sentimental, as a father who wants the best for his children (as most do) I get so much joy from seeing him happy.

601548_10151398882272983_93518787_n.jpg
579129_10151398883762983_43345992_n.jpg

526664_10151398883807983_1744956613_n.jp

581694_10151398883842983_1971977014_n.jp

164272_10151398884222983_838027869_n.jpg

28146_10151398884262983_273870028_n.jpg

481940_10151398884382983_783005867_n.jpg
733986_10151398884452983_67307217_n.jpg

295598_10151398884602983_348759933_n.jpg

2514_10151398884732983_2068317934_n.jpg

Performances might leave fans asking questions but this was very kind by all involved, I am very PROUD. (hard not to be)

Glad you both enjoyed your awayday.Lovely pictures.

Great photos!  You were all in alot of them today. Jake looked really happy there, more into it than he is sometimes at the home games.

Yes, Jake was very happy. I wished you were there to see him, such a proud moment!

Would love to have met you both Joe but this match probably came a little too early to arrange anything. I sit in the stand opposite your seat, just to right of halfway line and around 2/3rds back.I did wonder how many posters to this site were there yesterday. 

My wife's cousin is a Rams season ticket holder and lives in Ilkeston. I met with him at County Ground a few years back when we played Ilkeston in the FA Cup.

I am pleased that the day was by and large a positive experience.

Would love to have met you both Joe but this match probably came a little too early to arrange anything. I sit in the stand opposite your seat, just to right of halfway line and around 2/3rds back.I did wonder how many posters to this site were there yesterday. 

My wife's cousin is a Rams season ticket holder and lives in Ilkeston. I met with him at County Ground a few years back when we played Ilkeston in the FA Cup.

I am pleased that the day was by and large a positive experience.

I decided to go sort of unexpectedly, though if I had of plucked up the courage before I would of posted about meeting up on WWF. (as I would like to meet the others too) I a little concerned about bumping into rough fans, although all were very friendly and I really enjoyed it. Next time maybe?

Hope the point you did gain helps you :)

Thanks

There does not seem to be much trouble around the ground these days unless we play Oxford United and latterly Bristol Rovers and then it is just fringe "supporters" making it an excuse for a fight. Most people walk on by and leave it to the police to sort them out.

If you travel down on an organised coach then you would be left safely at the ground. If using your own transport you can park in Fire Station, just off Magic Roundabout, for £5 and your vehicle will be very secure.Gaz lives in Swindon and could let you know other places.

I hope you pick up a few more points.

It was thanks to you ,2pies ,that Joe finally 'broke the ice' and 'took the plunge' to an away match. :thumbsup:

Hey, glad you and Jake have made another away day. Love the photo's. I feel even worse for missing the game now......

I am sure you will both make many more day trips in the future.

It's pretty lame but I hoped to surprise you, planned to pop up and go 'oh fancy you being here, do you come often'. Kept checking twitter, noticed your message about why bother to shovel the snow. Realized then you didn't :)

I wouldn't of gone if it wasn't for you taking us to Hartlepool and I won the quiz, though some thought I had cheated!!

Surprise myself sometimes, really like it. Love how PoN's given me some hope aside from my family.

Long day trips can be fun, even if theres lots of travelling involved. I'm glad you went and enjoyed it even if you wasn't sure about going on the supporters bus as you've never been on it before.

On my own it would have been different but with someone else, also another fan chatted with us and so it was fun. I think if there's anyone reading this in the same boat, defiantly give it a try.

Hopefully Cheeky and the gang will come one time.

Supporter+

They are lovely photo's Joe, sounds like you had a great time.

Archived