Oxford Utd (A)

Dripsey3

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a load of garbage that was last night. We didn't start well, were lucky to be winning, then rolled over once again in a totally unacceptable manner. We managed to make Oxford look like Juve, I can't ever remember seeing such a horrific defensive display. Absolutely embarrassing. If Oxford had won 7-1, it would've been a much fairer reflection of the game. Shocking.

We have a hell of a lot of work to do. How we can sign 18 players and still need to bring in a few is beyond me.

The mighty Accrington Stanley next up. They'll come to frustrate is, they wont let us play our natural game, and it'll be a real war. Right now I doubt we'll be up for the scrap, and I'd genuinely be surprised if we won. Such a shame after seeing us play so well at Stevenage. Suddenly we look like a group of 11 blokes thrown together who've never even met eachother

The thing about Stanley is they will be physical too, anyone remember last year?

We need to keep our heads down and just work hard, it would pay off if we kept our focus. With returning players we should be okay, only concern is the fact we are at home - that makes me somewhat nervous.

Late night trip home so I haven't been able to give my thoughts yet.Basically it has all been said here already but I want to add something.The thing that really worries me about last night is that the gameplan to unravel us is very basic.Pressure our mid and defence into errors.It will take time for confidence and skill to imrpove enough to overcome those tactics and strange as it might seem we will be far better placed against the better sides than we are against dross.

Archived