Walsall V. Notts County (Midland Youth Cup Final).

sadlad

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  98
  • Days Won:  5

Have to say well done County in this final played at Bescot Stadium. You were very well supported (easily half of the crowd were from Notts) and made yourselves heard with terrific backing. The 4-2 scoreline to Saddlers don't give a true reflection of the closeness of the game. With Walsall 2-1 up and awarded a penalty it was looking a bit ominus for County but a terrific penalty save then a goal scored at the other end forced the game into extra time. I thought the referee had an absolute stinker and gave some very strange decisions. Sitting amongst the County fans, I fully sympathise with how the ref did at times to be biased towards Walsall. Some of your bookings were harsh and when your man walked for two yellows I thought you would struggle but no the ten men did you proud at it wasn't till the last couple of minutes when Walsall went 4-2 up that the final looked over. Best part of the night for me was meeting Joe, the fine leader of this excelent site. It was an absolute pleasure to meet and chat with you mate and to meet Jake-what a great kid he is and a credit to you and Kate. A nice little picture taken by Jakey himself...

photo0353zr.jpg

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,004
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I think I recall making a comment about hoping for a good ref, though I might have joked about it. I think he were very poor, some of his decisions well simply baffling. The game for me was great value for £5 and £7 for travel, the whole occasion seemed great.

Walsall Youth's; Dominated the floor play early on and looked very dangerous with pace, passing and movement. Notts crumbled a little, though a well taken first goal seemed to put the game back into perspective. Our youths stepped up, they took the game and ran their hearts out and deserved to go back into equal terms. Now some of the challenges were heavy, some of them should have kept their cool but I was shocked at some of the diving (rather a lot). The referee who clearly gave free kicks and an iffy pen, yet a pen shout I thought would have been given got dismissed. Clueless refereeing!!

Fantastic night though, the ref could have been worse which is a scary thought!

I hadn't shut up, I feel quite bad but for me it was something I considered to be very important and such an honour. It's possible odd from the other side of the fence but the people you come across or in contact with make your day, when Sadlad first messaged me he was nothing but a gent and I really appreciate it. I'm very glad to have met Sadlad! I hope to welcome him to Meadow Lane and visit Walsall.

Thanks Sadlad!

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  98
  • Days Won:  5

No problem Joe!  Saddlers Club allows visitors and all away fans made welcome. Just 50 yards from away end! Already looking forward to the two games against our clubs next season!

Returning to the cup final.... yes strange decision to award penalty.... don't think any Walsall fan could understand it. The clown blew up a few times when could played advantage. It was an end to end game players of both sides very committed.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,298
  • Days Won:  69

So glad you all enjoyed the occasion. Pity about the ref. Jake took a nice photo too. :)

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,004
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

554741_10201278598829915_597374290_n.jpg

68521_10200875904436975_1945859353_n.jpg

The game was good paced, I am glad it didn't go to pens because my heart doesn't need that pressure!

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,298
  • Days Won:  69

Jake obviously enjoyed it. :) :)

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

Looks like you all enjoyed the day out. The pictures are great and meeting other members is always enjoyable.

It wasn't the score Notts youth team wanted but a good game anyway.

Archived