From the NCFC mad

ivansneck

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

I can't think that it could be put any more sympathetically than this by AWM03 on the Mad forum. I hope s/he will forgive my copying of their point of view.

Generally don't have a problem with taking risks, regardless of your position because every appointment should be with a long-term view in mind (unless you've recklessly bet the house on promotion or something) but this is just bizarre.

There's nothing to indicate this fella is good - his fans appear to be the rather despicable Phil Gartside and Dougie Freedman who is clearly his best buddy. You've got players from two of his former clubs openly slating him on Twitter within 30 minutes of the announcement, you've got stories all over the internet about him being sacked by Bolton because all the players hated him.

I don't doubt his interview was impressive, he's probably prepared a few powerpoint slides and done his prep but when appointing a rookie, the majority of your homework should be done on talking to people he's worked with about his coaching ability, man management skills etc...and they seem to be severely lacking - which begs the question if they asked anyone at all.

I'd give anyone a chance. I wasn't too upset with Kiwomya (although it was always clearly a bad appointment from the off) because he had a good record as a youth coach, I was fine with Derry because of his reputation - I can't find a single thing to point to Fullarton being a success or a reason to think he's worth rolling the dice on.

I've often been accused of being a nodding dog on here and frankly, I refuse to be anti-Trews, I think they're great - I think they've been superb to the club during their tenure with the money they've chucked in, I think they're thoroughly nice and pleasant people who care about the club. I can't really ask for more. I think it's abundantly clear now at this point (maybe I'm a little late to the party but some certainly jumped the gun and will be delighted to be proved right) that they've got absolutely no idea what they're doing. If this Fullarton gamble pays off, it won't be down to some inspired recruitment formula, it'll be down to blind luck. It's absurd.

• Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

I have to admit I'm a resident of the mad forum aswell and it can be mad at times, I once got asked if I was sniffing glue because I wanted to stick by Moniz 😅 but he does have a good point

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

Very well put, and he probably echoes the feelings of many of us.  I have always backed the Trews on the basis that even though they have made some bad decisions, they didn't mean to make bad decisions.  But this one is so outrageously illogical on all levels that you have to wonder what their motives are.  I'll still be there to support, because I realised long ago that owners, managers and players come and go, it's the club we support.  Saying that, after this appointment I fully understand anyone who decides they've had enough.

I know there are some on here who use the 'other' forum.  Please have a glance at the Weymouth board on there, it contains something you ought to know.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Weymouth? Will have to look at it later on.

5 minutes ago, notts-joe said:

Weymouth? Will have to look at it later on.

It's a bit of a personal thing joe.  The last thing I want to do is bring issues from there to here which is why I picked the Weymouth board.  Hopefully this will put an end to it once and for all.

• Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

Very interesting. Mods must always be fully identified on the site in my view.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Personally I'm not the slightest bit interested about what happens on the Mad forum, I gave up on that place a long long time ago.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

3 hours ago, Elite_pie said:

I know there are some on here who use the 'other' forum.  Please have a glance at the Weymouth board on there, it contains something you ought to know.

I understand, I also genuinely wish you well - as I said when you arrived I see anything promoting Notts as a good thing and it's a shame certain people are hell bent on ruining things.

Good luck with getting it sorted.

Archived