Off To Sunny Scarborough

Supporter+

We are off for a little jaunt in our camper van, so I might not be around for a while, although I will try to keep in touch via the phone if I can get a signal.

Hoping the weather will continue in the vein of the last few days but the forecast doesn't look good so I might not be sitting on the beach with a knotted hanky on my head. Instead I'll probably be in the local pubs sampling the real ale (jealous Super Ram?).

Behave yourselves while I am away and lets hope we get some good news on the signings front to talk about.

Enjoy yourselves and don't let the weather spoil it.Me and the missus had a very nice week there in 1977 and the weather was very changeable.I think we had everything but snow.We had 2 or 3 really warm sunny days, a couple of days of monsoon , one day was very windy and one day very foggy..We were in a caravan just outside of Scarborough.One of the best days was when we went to Peasholm park and there was a battle enactment on the lake with miniature boats and aircrafts..My wife's parents were with us and another day we went to Flamborough head but got lost because the fog came down really thick.

So enjoy the real ale(I've got some in the house) and have a good time.

It's alright for some, hey? Wow, someone is very lucky ;)

I suppose you've also done well here, so go and enjoy yourself Tony. Seriously, in this weather it can only be a good thing. I can't wait until we go to Skeggy, though I'm concerned with how this place will cope but I hope Joe and a couple of others might help take over temporary. I will still be posting, I would slack ;) Super Ram will be trying to find a way in getting some real ale.

Let us know how you get on etc (if you'd care to)  :bye: 

Have fun and enjoy the break. I hope the forecast isn't what it says its going to be over the next 2 days. I'm sure you'll make the most of it and enjoy it anyway. See you when you get back.

I hope the weather has been better at Scarborough than here today,   but I'm sure Tony has  been on jaunts before when the weather has been  less than favourable and has plans in place to make the most of his break.

Supporter+

Had a lovely 2 days in sunny Scarborough and now moved to Bridlington.

The highlights have been a 10 mile cliff top walk which nearly finished me off. A few pints of real ale and some lovely fish and chips.

The weather has been ok up till today when we had rain and strong winds but we've camped on thick snow before so rain doesn't bother us.

I'm glad you're enjoying your little break. The missus and I used to do a lot of rambling(the walking kind, not the talking kind I'm accused of nowadays)

It's very enjoyable to have a long walk,find a nice pub,have something to eat and relax for a hour or so with a nice pint or two and then continue with the walking.We never let the weather bother us either.

We always seem to walk everywhere too and go out in all weather as its always enjoyable no matter what. We very rarely go in a pub though... we tend to nip in a shop and get a few soft drinks and occasionally go to a chippy. We have birthday meals at pubs if not at home but other than that not very often go in a pub.

We all enjoy the long walks and days out just wondering around places (aslong as theres a toilet near by... :lol: ) but then pubs are useful to walk in and back out again for that lol :ermm:  The kids even enjoy long walks out exploring places and rarely moan too much about it.

Supporter+

Here's an old fellow I met on one of my walks, he didn't say much though, I think he might have been a Florist fan he looked a bit glum.

post-69-0-04790300-1368221377_thumb.jpeg

Tony, you should invite him to walk with you for a while and cheer him up with some of your funny stories and he might lose a bit of weight too. :)

Well florest fans are a bit quiet at the moment. Just wait until they make a signing or two and you wont be able to shut them up.

He's been in a pub with his new 'little' mate playing on the quiz machines :lol:

Supporter+

Well I'm back now, I wanted to bring my "friend" with me but couldn't get him in the van.

We had a good time, the weather wasn't brilliant but wasn't too bad either, got some walking, drinking and eating done but its back to reality now and catching up with some work.

Not sure we'll manage to get away again until our big trip to Spain in 4 weeks.

i went to Scarborough for a week when i was in school. i enjoyed it, but im a skeggy fan myself. my son keeps asking when were going again. i wouldn't mind but this started the day after we took him for a 5 days stay over the half term easter break!

oh if only kids realised money doesn't grow on tree's and we have to save up to treat them to holidays etcc

Archived