Match Discussion: Game 32 - Stanley (A)

PON_News

Here is Tarkers Tall Tales - the story of the Indio beer stack in the Hacienda office:

OK...It's a bit warm here, 30 degrees Celsius or 90F, so I think "I'll walk down to Oxxo for a few beers"....Being a good European and also trying to re-cycle glass, I head for the litre returnable bottle section.

I get there and litre bottles are "special offer....27% free, 1.27 litres for the price of a litre, (30 pesos about £1.20)"....I think "Oh great, I'll get 4 litres........ Party time"....I get to the till and the guy says "It's Lunes (Monday), Oferta (offer)....buy 2 get 1 free"....I think, "Happy days.....go and get 2 more for free"....I lug the 4 litres, of over-sized bottle at 27% free ....plus my 2 free litres plus 27% free home.....it's about 300 metres across some fields!

Then I think "sod it" and I check Tarkers piggy-bank...... then walk back back for another 4 bottles...plus another 2 bottles free!!!!.....now I'm getting plenty of exercise, sweating like JF before his interview.

Then I think really big (I keep crunching numbers in my head.....and basically I have decided that I am drinking for free every 3rd day?)

Sooooooo......I hire a taxi (£2.50) to take me to the bank.....then I walk back into Oxxo and order 50 litre bottles (27% free) collect my free 25 litre bottles, and load up the taxi!!!!.....Now I've got an additional 75 bottles in this guys taxi.............................Happy Days.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NewNottsFan said:

It'll be magpie player for me tonight and another 90+ minutes of Colin Slater ...I only hope he has more time tonight to discuss whats actually happening on the pitch though.

Accrington appear to be short in numbers but , that said, Notts still have good players which a lot of folk (not just Notts fans) forget.

The manager appears to be looking at the players who he feels he can rely on to do a job for him, and hey, if you or I were in that position, particularly as a new post holder....then we would probably do the same.

I think folk are being too pessimistic about this fixture, and whilst Accrington's form is good, I see no reason why Notts can't get a result tonight.

The home performances are what they are at the moment and will change , of that I have no doubt...but in order that some fans can keep their sanity, then focus on 3 wins out of 4 away ....a good return in anyones book in any division...the football will come ...the performances will come ....and I'll tell you what...I'll take a poor 1-0 right now come 21:35

Team selection wise, I wouldn't expect wholesale change tonight although if Mackenzie is back to normal I would expect to see him back  

Internet odds on Smarkets for the game tonight....Accy 1.83 Notts 4.7......over 2.5 goals 1.83

So the internet is predicting 2-1 or 3-0 to Accy......mmmmmm

Supporter+

Stanley have injuries and suspensions. Down to the bare bones. You'd be tempted by those odds on Notts given the away form. Plus there's less pressure away from home.

1 hour ago, NewNottsFan said:

@tarquinbeech  form is one thing I know but 7/2 for a team thats won three away from 4 ? oooft thats decent value 

I never bet on teams I'm following so it'll be interesting to see how that pans out !

ok.............. You've convinced me @NewNottsFan

After sticking various bets totaling £150 on the Barca/Arsenal game............I had £3.98 left in my account...........yes, yes, yes I put it on Notts.....why?

Because I AM A NUT-CASE....grrrr....if Notts lose, which they will......I'm not talking to you anymore!!

• Like 1

anyone who defends this clown is on something he is a idiot no Stanley but yet he was saying yesterday Stanley is avalible and fit so just saying what he's told to say .

I tell you if we lose tonite our next home game will be seriously toxic atmosphere he isn't helping himself or getting fans on his side I've had enough of this idiot sick of hearing give him a chance.

@Modern Fan 1862 👍  The truth will out .

Stanley has told the club , after Moniz was sacked that he doesn't want to be at the club. He reiterated this to the new boss.

JF and the staff have protected him up to this point as they wanted him to be involved,be professional and be part of the new set up.

Its bizarre that the manager has actually been protecting him and yet he (JF) has been vilified for actually having some standards and not wanting to openly criticise a player but also not involve someone who isnt being professional.

The paying Notts fans deserve much more from one of their players...hey, dont take my word for it. I'm sure CS will get to the bottom of it along with the other journos.

Ask yourself the question...if a players who's wages you pay said he didn't want to be there , at your club, what would you say? you'd say 'on your bike then pal'...well, Aborah is doing exactly that ...and whats worse? He's actually blaming the current regime and saying they dont 'like him'?  shameful 

2 minutes ago, NewNottsFan said:

@Modern Fan 1862 👍  The truth will out .

Stanley has told the club , after Moniz was sacked that he doesn't want to be at the club. He reiterated this to the new boss.

JF and the staff have protected him up to this point as they wanted him to be involved,be professional and be part of the new set up.

Its bizarre that the manager has actually been protecting him and yet he (JF) has been vilified for actually having some standards and not wanting to openly criticise a player but also not involve someone who isnt being professional.

The paying Notts fans deserve much more from one of their players...hey, dont take my word for it. I'm sure CS will get to the bottom of it along with the other journos.

Ask yourself the question...if a players who's wages you pay said he didn't want to be there , at your club, what would you say? you'd say 'on your bike then pal'...well, Aborah is doing exactly that ...and whats worse? He's actually blaming the current regime and saying they dont 'like him'?  shameful 

Aborah has told fans differently. He told fans the manager doesn't like him, so he would like to leave.

Just now, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

Aborah has told fans differently. He told fans the manager doesn't like him, so he would like to leave.

Hey, its the easy option I guess. 

Its a shame all round I guess but ask yourself why a manager would not involve , at all, one of the better players?? doesnt make sense eh? 

25 minutes ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

As usual, we'll be celebrating/being depressed  whilst trying to decipher what Colin is saying in the Chat Room.

http://prideofnottingham.co.uk/fans/match_chat

What?......we have to go in a separate room to chat?......this pub is MASSIVE....I never even knew the chat-room was there......I just thought nobody liked me ........and you all disappeared when I came online!

• Like 3