Business direction, philosophy and other matters

Piethagoram

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,773
  • Days Won:  193
  • đť•Ź:  twitter @piethagoram

Firstly, I will declare as a pro-Trew-ite. We have good honest owners but I must say that the decision making process leaves a lot to be desired. 

I feel so disenfranchised from the club at the moment. In the deepest of hearts, I knew Chris Kiwomya caretaker to manager was a mistake ( and Chris came over whilst talking to him as a thoroughly nice person, perhaps too nice). A good footballing cv in terms of the clubs he played for, being what I describe as footballing clubs. However one needs more than that, the ability to "take" people with you on the journey to success. Jamie presumably came over well at interview, probably more to do with the analysis on what was going wrong ( I think we all could have given that to a lesser extent). However what makes a good manager is the forward vision, how football is to be played and making the best of the resources available. Jon Coleman at Accrington is a master of making good teams out of scarce financial resources.

The appointment of Jamie was akin to saying to your customers, sorry but the Coca Cola football of Ricardo, plenty of fizz will be replaced by an own brand supermarket cola. We all know that all colas are basically the same but it's the "perception" of the customers which is important here. If I am in the Wheelers Suite. only Pepsi is available which i will decline to have. On that basis, the board have appointed a guy whose career has been at a high level, Premier League French league, similar to Derry's footballing cv...but the final product is hoofball? What is it with these people with such good footballing education, to serve us such a "dish" to us supporters.

Confidence to portray what they know they are doing? Jamie was given ample opportunity to fully explain the Stanley situation and failed comprehensively. Supporters are not stupid... they can see that Noble should be central midfield, Smith shouldn't be near the starting 11, and Stanley should be in the squad at least. Jamie was talking pre Accrington about a team square pegs for square holes...perfect for Accrington so he then puts Noble round peg in a square hole. Unbelievable.

There was a lot of criticism when Aileen was made CEO...but never from me. Actually I think its an advantage having a non footballing CEO as a barometer of common sense, especially financially. I am yet to be convinced about the merits of the "invisible" Julian Winters. Where is the effort to significantly raise the profile of this club and to interact with supporters? Rodwell was bad, but this guy is an invisible man. With his footballing experience, perhaps the question was never raised as to how Jamie's teams had played in the past. Rumoured twitter posts from an ex Bolton loanee raised serious questions at the time.... and seemingly have been proved right.

So we are in a position where the "congregation" of the "church" of Notts County have questioned their own faith. Good people like Stanley on the verge of leaving, I too question where we are heading for? Unfortunately I appear to be staring down to the abyss and not looking up to the heavens. This saddens me deeply.

Here endeth Piethagoram's gospel of today

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,995
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • đť•Ź:  twitter fmcj10

It's all about opinions and others will see things different, personally I never made a negative comment about Mrs Trew becoming the CEO - for me it made sense. I know there's some discontent towards Julian Winters but nobody knows what he's doing, I certainly don't and for that I can't comment because of it. I do find this whole situation to be very sad and disappointing, I will also add I don't blame fans for losing faith.

The current mood and outcome is very disheartening, yet we support the club and many of have done for a number of years.

Yet it's clear the only way to resolve this is for honestly and clear communication. The club must address the concerns, if they don't do the fan forum - perhaps do it via e-mail and record the questions being asked/answered but don't avoid questions which are genuine.

There's two ways this can go, unfortunately - I think it's more towards the wrong way myself and there will be a point whereby it cannot be resolved.

Not without changes at least.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,909
  • Days Won:  162

the decision to take on fullarton always a strange call, fans will only think its down to money and after last night jamie does not sound confident in awkward interviews. if he cant be honest in a post match interview, would he seeking employment?

i have grown sick of the circus, i dont hate or dislike him. i just dont think hes a good manager.

poor decision by notts to take him on after saying we would go for experience.

Archived