In all my years

In all my years I have not witnessed such a mess with Notts County Football Club.

After Munto I thought we would have learned about honestly, the club have a dispute between a player and manager which is now aired in public. Why was this not handled internally? We have a chairman who changes his "5 year plan" every six months, who has had little to no involvement in Notts ever since he first fell out with the fans for not attending games. I could could go! This all has me in a state of beyond belief, I really do not know how we can go on to trust the club from here. The sooner the club is sold the better!!!

We are not all scummy fans! we just want to be treated with a little bit of dignity for the money we play to watch this.

its easy for me i do not feel emotionally attached to the club, i got involved more when munto purchased the club. i did attend two games before that when i was younger but right now its only pon that is keeping me here.

It's real football, isn't it?

I recently started watching the TV series of Mike Bassett and I found myself thinking, not even the writers of the show could have created what is being seen here at Meadow Lane. I recommend people watch two episodes, the first and the one where Mike signs a goalkeeper he thinks is the striker.

1 hour ago, notts-joe said:

It's real football, isn't it?

I recently started watching the TV series of Mike Bassett and I found myself thinking, not even the writers of the show could have created what is being seen here at Meadow Lane. I recommend people watch two episodes, the first and the one where Mike signs a goalkeeper he thinks is the striker.

I wondered where Ricardo got his ideas from!

1 hour ago, tarquinbeech said:

Maybe JF will pick SA....if he converts to being a defender!!!.......hahahaha......ok, I'll get my coat

As long as your coat's not a brown quilted number with a big sheepskin collar....

The biggest issue is that people in influential positions are in it for self promotion & benefit, nothing else. The few that actually put the club first have been forced out over the years.

Good people are few and far between nowadays especially in football and unfortunately we have had a chairman who would rather have people who blow sunshine up his arse and tell him what they are doing rather than just doing it.

The one big thing that the Trews forget is that in professional football people talk and if something isn't right everyone knows about it really quickly

Supporter+

The club is an embarrassment at the moment. This whole Stanley saga is cringe-worthy. I'm fast losing all interest in Notts. I'm more interested in Berwick Rangers trying to avoid last place in L2 in Scotland (we have adopted them at work). 

I think the worst thing out of all of this is I can actually see a half decent squad there.

Loach looks to be a good signing and will probably step in for number 1 next season. Hewitt and Atkinson, whilst still fairly young are solid enough performers and have potential still. Noble is class and hopefully he has learnt his lesson regarding discipline, Aborah is technically gifted and if used in the correct way would hugely enhance the side, Stead and McLeod are accomplished strikers proven at this level and above.

That backbone for a side is crying out for a few good quality additions and the right manager. 

Archived