Notts 5 Northampton 2

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Lee Hughes hit his second hat-trick of the season as Notts County hammered 10-man Northampton at Meadow Lane.

Alex Dyer put the Cobblers in front from close range before a header from debutant Matt Ritchie and a smart strike from Hughes turned things round.

Hughes added another header and Ritchie hit his second before Chris McCready saw red for a foul on Karl Hawley, with Hughes scoring the resulting penalty.

Andrew Holt hit a late consolation for the managerless Cobblers.

Good result to sum the game up but I can't help but feel we should be doing better in other games. I'm not expecting us to walk the league or win every game for that matter. We just appear to storm games, scrape a win or a draw and not bother turning up at all. We should be more stronger as a team and for whatever reason I hope we try to get a bit more consistent.

~Joe

Archived