England v Iceland

Chris

I have a feeling Iceland will entertain us, which should make this a good game overall.

We need to press them, with their back line expected to be the same as prior games - we may find more space in the final third, provided we pressure and move quickly. I think England will be fine, I predict 2-0.

Thoughts?

After going 1-0, we shouldn't have let them respond.

Joe Hart just made a save from an overhead kick, Talk Sport praise him but he looked like a child stun by a nettle as he pushed the ball a way. Awful play at times, our defending is woeful and reminds me of a side that operate with the use of 'jelly'.

Well done to Iceland.

I don't want to sound bitter for losing or for England's exit but if we played with half the passion of Iceland we would have made sure that we gave them a better game. Hodgson needs to take the blame and we need to fast track a keeper, as Hart is just too comfortable for my linking but he's proved my point I once made to @Super_Danny_Allsopp. After the first goal, I would have thrown on the Burnley keeper.

Awful performance by the three lions. I hope Iceland manage to progress, along with Wales.

And so ends my interest in Euro 16, they were shocking.

Unfortunately we had a manager that just doesn't know how to play attacking football, picking too many favourites for his squad that just weren't fit and not selecting any width in order to change his system during a game with a natural fit. There was a lot of talent in this England side, but totally directed in the wrong direction.

Unfortunately, the names being bandied around as a successor don't inspire me either. I suppose it will be Southgate because of what he has done with the under 21s, but he did nothing with Middlesborough and strikes me as another McLaren yes man.

I'll resist the use of expletives but why the ..... play with a defensive midfielder against Iceland???? Correct any reply that was going to say because we can't defend , got news for you we can't damn well attack either , poor poor poor , but I'll say a hearty well-done Iceland you actually deserved your victory .

Archived