Steady Eddies testimonial!

Turkey_Twizzler

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

Tomorrow/Saturday is Eddies testimonial, lets hope we give him the reception a player like him deserves!

Over 350 appearances across 10 years at notts, I don't think anyone can argue he deserves a testimonial!

It is a friendly game but its against Florist so I'm hoping the kop will be bouncing and we will show them why we are the pride of Nottingham!

So lets get down to business! Who would you start ?

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

Eddie had the misfortune to play for us in some of our darkest years but his contribution shouldn't be underestimated, in fact I would go so far as to say he was the main reason we managed to maintain Football League status in the really bad times.  A true professional in that he never gave less than 100%, plus being a good ambassador for the club on and off the field.  It's becoming increasingly hard to view professional footballers in a positive light, but not for this game.  It will be a pleasure to go down to Meadow Lane tomorrow to say thank you to Mike Edwards.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Days Won:  25

Well written@Elite_pie , totally agree , a great pro a good example to the young guns at the club , a nice chap to , hope good numbers turn up and that it's a great day for him  he really does deserve it .

We played very well today! Eddie got the reception he deserved, the atmosphere was very good And both their goals were deflected, to say we played our 2ns team in the first half against a full strength forest team we did well to dominate large periods of the second half

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Days Won:  25

An enjoyable afternoon , we played well , fantastic reception for Mike totally deserved and so pleased for him , really want to play them in a cup this season , ya just don't know how much , COYP 

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

Thanks for the link @ohstanleyaborah , it confirms what I thought I saw in that both their goals were lucky deflections.  A great and well deserved day for Eddie, good to see the Forest fans joining in the ovation when he came off, a crowd of 9,000+ should guarantee him a good payday.  Excellent half time entertainment provided by Hughesy's kid, he has clearly inherited his dad's 'play to the crowd' gene!  Hard to draw any conclusions from the game, but the two division gap was never apparent.  I must admit I don't know what sort of team Forest put out, but if it was their first team squad I doubt they would take too many positives.

Thanks for the link @ohstanleyaborah , it confirms what I thought I saw in that both their goals were lucky deflections.  A great and well deserved day for Eddie, good to see the Forest fans joining in the ovation when he came off, a crowd of 9,000+ should guarantee him a good payday.  Excellent half time entertainment provided by Hughesy's kid, he has clearly inherited his dad's 'play to the crowd' gene!  Hard to draw any conclusions from the game, but the two division gap was never apparent.  I must admit I don't know what sort of team Forest put out, but if it was their first team squad I doubt they would take too many positives.

That was forests first team i believe, perhaps with a few changes but that is ideally what they would say is their strongest team, but i felt we played very well and dominated in periods against a full strength championship side

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

On 22/07/2016 at 20:16, Elite_pie said:

Eddie had the misfortune to play for us in some of our darkest years.

I've always felt this is what allowed him to resonate and connect with us fans.

Those dark days we didn't really have a squad that looked good on paper, yet each player often fought for us and gave 100%. Some may have been poor in all fairness, yet Mike Edwards shined throughout the squad, as did the late Richard Butcher.

On 23/07/2016 at 20:06, ohstanleyaborah said:

That was forests first team i believe, perhaps with a few changes but that is ideally what they would say is their strongest team, but i felt we played very well and dominated in periods against a full strength championship side

Forest fielded a strong squad, perhaps a couple may not start regularly but it wasn't a weak side by any means.

It's funny how drawing to Alfreton Town spells doom, yet a convincing performance in which we narrowly lose brings optimism - it's a funny old game (not that I blame anyone - I very much respect opinions but it did make me chuckle when I notice flurry of messages suggesting we would walk the league). :P

Archived