The Pope says Messi is better than Maradona

Dripsey3

Supporter+

I'm not so sure. Messi has done everything in the game except and it's a big except, win an international tournament. Maradona was incredible when Argentina won the WC in 1986. His performance against England was both sublime and ridiculous. It could have been a summary of Maradona's career. He went on to beat Belgium on his own before requiring the help of his team mates to defeat the Germans. It will always be Maradona for me.....

Messi is a more gifted footballer, he has more in his locker than Maradona has (never mention Maradona and a locker, perhaps he does have more in their after all? - think Robbie Fowler) :lol:

Maradona was a great dribbler, he could lift a team and should always be known as one of the greatest players.

Did you know he considers Paul Gascoigne to be the greatest player? I watched a documentary will Diago spoke very highly of Paul. However, Messi is by far more technical than he ever was - in terms of passing ability, tricks, skill and leadership qualities. The real question should be Ron or Leo???

Never really seen Messi play apart from the odd Champions league game and final against Utd and he hasn't gone elsewhere to prove his worth, or won a World Cup, so it's Maradona for me. He played in Spain and Italy and won the World Cup twice, plus carried his side to the 1990 finals as well.

As a side note, the hand of God goal was a terrible decision and the second goal started from a horrific tackle on Glenn Hoddle that went unpunished. The ref had a stinker that day and was never seen again in international football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this the pope in Rome or Tom Pope on Twitter?

Maradona proved he could lift an unfancied team on his own, so it's him for me. Messi would probably break into the Notts team though.

In other news, the Dalai Lama has put a sly tenner on Notts winning promotion and Ali Khamenai thinks that Portsmouth are overrated.

Archived