Ratings Stevenage

Piethagoram

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,781
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Collin - 5.5 Yes made some good saves but never felt comfortable on crosses a la Mick Leonard
Audel - 7 Great saving block towards the end. MoM but still with occasional lapse in concentration at the back
Duffy - 5 Solid though slow
Hollis - 3 Overheard behind me in the Pavis..."Ref, do us a favour and send him off" says all you need to know! 
Rodman - 5 Hard working but disappointed with quality of crossing 
Dickinson - 5 Solid
Aborah - 6 still the best passer, inexplicably squandered shooting chance in 2nd half
O'Connor - 6 Touch of class in short bursts
Tootle - 5 Ball winning midfielder but lacks creative need to balance this team
Stead - 5 Better 1st half but lack of pace exposed 
Forte - 5 Drifted in and out
Subs
Burke 4 flatters to deceive
Hewitt 4 not what is required
Oliver 4 nice flick on but nothing else of note

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  631
  • Days Won:  8

I'd put Stead up to a 6 for getting the equaliser, and Burke down to 3.5  for kicking that corner directly out.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

Collin - 6 - Didn't do much wrong but didn't particularly inspire confidence. Judgement reserved.
Audel - 7 - Defended well, got forward well, a worthy squad member.
Duffy - 6 - Generally solid, will hopefully play a big part this season.
Hollis - 5 - Not good, but not as bad as some are making out. A few good challenges and passes, but also some awful ones. The pathetic booing shortly after their goal certainly won't help.
Rodman - 6 - Good first half, disappeared a bit in the second.
Dickinson - 6 - Average, didn't get forward much.
Aborah - 6 - Still the enigma from last season. Some good moments, but no real impact.
O'Connor - 7* - First viewing, but I liked what I saw. Could be the dominant presence in midfield we have been lacking.
Tootle - 6 - Nothing fancy but seems to do the simple stuff well.
Stead - 6 - Battled well with limited support and service.
Forte - 5 - Never managed to get into the game.
Subs
A mark of 5 for all, did nothing to improve things.

We had the better chances, but didn't offer enough creatively to deserve anything more than a point. A refreshing post-match interview from Sheridan in that he saw the same game we did, but that's only half the situation. Too early to make judgements, but there were probably more negatives than positives today.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Collin - 4 He looked awkward throughout, seriously looks unforgettable with several things.
Audel - 5 Did some great defending but wasteful releasing the ball and offered as much as a statue (most of the time).
Duffy - 6 Steady performance, got stuck in and did his role quite well.
Hollis - 3 I feel sorry for him, he looks to have lost all confidence gained and really out of sorts.
Rodman - 4 Offered little to nothing at all
Dickinson - 5 I didn't like his nagging and arguing, he reminds me of Roy Carroll but defensively he did okay.
Aborah - 7 Tried with limited success, he passed and moved well - wasn't supported and hung a little onto the ball but he made our movement.
O'Connor - 6 Decent performance, nothing amazing but a base for him to improve from.
Tootle - 6.5 He did fairly well going forward and dealing with the Stevenage attacks.
Stead - 3 Didn't look like a striker, despite a very well taken goal - he wasn't at the races today.
Forte - N/A Don't recall him doing much at all.
Subs
Burke N/A Apart his one shot towards goal, I never noticed him either.
Hewitt N/A He played? He went unnoticed by me.
Oliver 5 Plenty of effort given, he moved well but focused a little too much on the opposition roughing him up.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

Collin - 6.5 Difficult to judge, but hopefully his confidence is increasing.
Audel - 7 One of his better performances, nearly scored goal of season. perhaps we could play 4 at the back with Duffy and him as the central pair.
Duffy - 6.5 Solid.
Hollis - 2 Has to be left out as he can't defend when we play 3 centre backs and his confidence is shot.
Rodman - 6 Excellent first half, some great crosses with both feet but then faded away with the rest of them second half.
Dickinson - 6 Solid
Aborah - 6 Must shoot when he can, but we need him to unlock stubborn defences.
O'Connor - 6 Encouraging.
Tootle - 5.5 Gets caught out of position too often.
Stead - 6 - the mean of 8 for the first half and 4 for the second.
Forte - 4.5 Not very effective.
Subs
Burke - minus 5, put in one good tackle, unfortunatley it was Tootle he tackled.
Hewitt - not on long enough.
Oliver 4 - Ineffective

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  631
  • Days Won:  8

Who made the tackle to gain possession before Dickinson struck the ball forward for Stead to score the equaliser. Put a star next to their rating! Fingers crossed that we will see more of the kind of football that gained us the equaliser, and the build up to Audel hitting the crossbar. 

Archived