Ricardo's FC Eindhoven

Piethagoram

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,818
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Played 2 lost 2 . Sprockel and De Silva played in both games. I liked Ricardo but he does seem to have a blind spot towards the defensive side of things

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,660
  • Days Won:  89

According to Wiki, he has made Sprockel his captain. Baffling. I doubt the standard of that league is particularly high, judging by some of the players we had from there. 

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  631
  • Days Won:  8

Were they away matches! Joking aside I hope he does well, I got the impression he was a genuine character who cared about Notts as a club, not just being manager. 

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

Eindhoven (they're always called this) have never been a strong club, but they have a small and loyal following who don't like corporate football, i.e. PSV. For a long time EVV as they once were struggled in the 2nd division and eventually went bust. It's difficult to get crowds in the shadow of Philips as Eindhoven's ground is right on the edge of town - ironically near the Philips factory.

They would have expected to lose at de Graafschap who will be one of the favourites for the division, but a defeat at home by Volendam is not so good. The club will be expecting entertainment from Ricardo who is well regarded at that level. I also wish him and Eindhoven the best.

Football in the Eerste is played at a slower rate than in UK, I'm always loathe to try and compare leagues as they require different things from each other from the players, so I always avoid the 'standards' debate.

I hope you'll all be cheering for my team in that league the mighty VVV!!

For a good read, go onto the VVV Fan Club website Fanclub D'n Twellefde Man and follow this link http://www.fanclub-vvv.nl/default.asp?Good-Old

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,170
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Was Ricardo at the club for the friendlies? If so, Eindhoven beat PSG and did well in prior games.

His opening game sounds bad being a 4-1 loss, however this is what the Dutch league is link and it will take time for the squad to settle to his style I'm sure. I'm not remotely bitter towards him, in fact without his points for Notts - last season could and most likely would have looked vastly different.

That said, I agree he's too offensive for someone that used to be a defender.

I always said it whilst he was here, that his approach to making defenders attack wasn't the best idea overall but if you reflect on our issue now in hindsight - for awhile now our defence has been woeful. The year we almost got relegated it was because of our defence and weak attack, the year we went down I would pinpoint the defensive mistakes. Both seasons we had a top goalkeeper but I wish him well, he doesn't deserved to branded as a failure here - least not when the club appointed a disaster after him.

Ricardo wins away, tonight!!!...and De Silva scores

In the 85th minute substitute Tibeau Swinnen gave the ball back to Kyle de Silva, who remained quiet after a course action in the face of goalkeeper Tamati Williams 0-2. The first goal by Kyle de Silva in the shirt of FC Eindhoven. In the extra five minutes Pieter Langedijk even scored the 1-2. The tension grew, but FC Eindhoven fought their way through it. The three points were inside."

Ricardo Moniz: " 'Be happy with this victory. RKC is a good team with a lot of choice up front. We started with 4-3-3, we made concessions in it. Rossen has played excellent in defense. 0-1 we went to the break, but then we fell back. A good course of action De Silva arrived for 0-2. In the five minutes extra time the bill was still squeezing. Today was about the result. ''

Let's hope he's not the only manager celebrating his first win, especially away from home - Notts need to get 33 points on the table ASAP.

• Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

We should have never sacked moniz! We haven't been the same since! But i am glad he has finally got his first win over there!

Well I wonder if things would have clicked eventually, yet if we could have avoided the pressure applied to him - he may not have sunk but ultimately he did lack character and knowledge of League Two football.

@notts-joe "lack character"? Ricardo was a character and wasn't afraid to ruffle a few feathers, especially Brano. The most entertaining home matches in donkeys years, the big unanswered question was about Kevan and Yates being marginalised. The appointment of Ricardo's successor was our Winter of discontent.

Lack of character in terms of making a stand and trying to improve, his flaws caused a lot of the issues - any manager worth is salt wouldn't tolerate things he's unhappy with. Why? It's him who will be judged, it will be him who gets the blame and it's not a team issue for a manager - it never is.

Dean Yates is a great guy but as a defence coach he really didn't help Moniz.

Kevan didn't seem determined to work alongside Ricardo, I don't know what the score was - perhaps it's true that Ricardo Moniz wouldn't take Dave Kevan's advice on board but regardless his lack of character taught him the biggest lesson. Notts was a great opportunity for him, it was for the guy that replaced him but the difference is one was clueless and the other just didn't grasp the basics. He seemed to think pretty football was enough for the lower division and it's beyond the basics or advanced skills he's used too.

FC Eindhoven - Achilles'29 2-1 (1-0) 21. Boelens (like) 0-1, 65. Mart Lieder 2-0, 80. Thijs Hendriks 2-1.
Referee: Martens. Number of spectators: 1960

Ricardo wins again last night

@notts-joe I somewhat disagree with your view on things. At Reserve games, Ricardo sat with Smudge with Yates and Kevan sitting several rows away. One can argue the biggest issue was the lack of quality players Brano brought to the club. At the start of last season, had Campbell had a goal scoring pedigree, we would have started like a train. Numerous chances were being created but were not taken. 

My main criticism of Ricardo was his own ability to spot a good player. He seemed to bring his own "buddies" to Notts rather than, as I was hoping opposition players he had identified when he was coaching in Austria and Poland's top division

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,447
  • Days Won:  287

It's good to see Eindhoven heading up the table again. They've been banging on the door to the top flight for a couple of seasons now (they finished 4th last time) so that's where they'll expact to be again. They also have another English player, Jonny Rowell, who has played in Belgium for a few years. That's quite unusual.

Branston didn't help him, but Moniz has to take his share of the blame for last season with signings like Jenner, Sprockel and Swerts. I think he underestimated the strength of League Two somewhat.

3 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

I somewhat disagree with your view on things. At Reserve games, Ricardo sat with Smudge with Yates and Kevan sitting several rows away. One can argue the biggest issue was the lack of quality players Brano brought to the club. At the start of last season, had Campbell had a goal scoring pedigree, we would have started like a train. Numerous chances were being created but were not taken. 

My main criticism of Ricardo was his own ability to spot a good player. He seemed to bring his own "buddies" to Notts rather than, as I was hoping opposition players he had identified when he was coaching in Austria and Poland's top division

I wouldn't say 'quality' myself, last term we had a lot of depth and many technically good players but ultimately most wasn't adapt to such a physical league. We could have done then with what we signed this season, people experienced, good leaders and able to compete within this division. Swerts for example, he never really had a chance to settle where he played best but when he did play in midfield he looked very calming.

Poor tactics, knowledge of league two and being unable to choose the right players.

Problem afterwards that the players had Ricardo's stamp on, Fullarton didn't know what to do with them (some may say he wouldn't if he managed Barcelona) but even to a degree Cooper didn't either. It's not easy managing someone else's vision, especially when they aren't adapted to life within that division.

Is it Guy Branston posting under an alias? Adam seems a popular choice at Notts.

• 3 weeks later...

http://fc-eindhoven.nl/nieuws/overtuigend-fc-eindhoven-pakt-zege-tegen-telstar-437

Another away win for Ricardo. Interesting he had signed a former  Newcastle Utd academy player, Jonathan Rowell.

• 2 weeks later...

http://uk.soccerway.com/teams/netherlands/fc-eindhoven/1549/

another win for Ricardo over Ajax B team

Odd stat. Of the 7 games between Jong Ajax and FCE, 6 of them have finished 2-1, one way or the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,943
  • Days Won:  162

many games in the dutch league end 2-1, its quite predictable.

many games in the dutch league end 2-1, its quite predictable.

9 out of 72 in the Eredivisie this season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived