Big Sam off to a flyer

Dripsey3

Supporter+

Slovakia 0-1 England. Fantastic result, helped by yet another sending off for Martin Skertel. The guy is a red card waiting to happen.

Scotland laboured but got there in the end away to Malta. Scotland are unconvincing IMO. They need to improve drastically to qualify.

Good result, but it was a bore fest of the highest order. We're lacking a creative spark, but where that is going to come from I don't know.
I'm hoping Sam played so many of the Iceland failures in order to give them a chance to redeem themselves, but hopefully now he will realise that the side needs shaking up.
And Sturridge needs to play ahead of Kane, he is a natural goal scorer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't watch the game, however the headlines and score say it all.

95th minute winner? Against that team? It shows the uphill task that Allardyce must manage now. Its early days but I really don't expect him to achieve anything more than steadying the ship for England. If he can bring through some of the younger players and establish some of the more senior one's at international level that would be good. Just seeing England take on teams as we once did would also be a blessing but the pampered stars of today need more than a shaking.

He needs to reinvent England and bring back the roar in our football.

Supporter+

Qualification is a must for England. Last night's result goes a long way towards that. Sam will make England difficult to beat, it won't be pretty though.

Who the manager is at any time is irrelevant. The FA have ensured that our players are not being well coached, given enough opportunities in the top division or made hungry enough to play for England. The Premier League want England to fail to qualify as fewer games aids their clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supporter+

Forgot to mention NI drawing 0-0 away to Czech Republic. Fantastic point.

Wales crushed Moldova 4-0 at home.

ROI drew 2-2 in Serbia. Dreadful game played on a waterlogged pitch. Will take the point and move on. Ireland proving that you only have to be lucky!

Archived