The Road to the WC in Russia

Dripsey3

Supporter+

As some of you may know, I'm a bit obsessed with WC qualifiers. I'm going to post a few noteworthy results along the road to Russia. I'll start with Guatemala's 9-3 (you read that right nine-three) win over St Vincents last night. Both sides had nothing to play for but that didn't stop them going at it for 90 minutes. St Vincents scored the first and last goals of the game. Carlos Ruiz scored 5. He has scored an incredible 39 goals in qualifying games in his career and it has only taken him 50 games!  

There was a cracking game in Europe as well. Bulgaria beat Luxembourg 4-3 at home. It took a late winner to deny the plucky visitors. Luxembourg levelled it in the 90th minute but Bulgaria stole it at the death. 

Just now, Piethagoram said:

@ivansneck Memories of Sofia, nprmally one sees signs for no smoking, but on entering this restaurant, the signs were no guns :D

Faroe Islands deserve mention for 0-0 draw with Hungary

I was in a hotel bar in Phoenix, Arizona where the sign said 'no concealed weapons', so alright to drive to the bar in a tank so long as you didn't hide it!!

It's beyond a joke that they are still considered to be suitable for hosting the tournament.

This little fact is really killing my interest, which I haven't been keeping tabs on it like I would normally. I turned the highlights on the other night but only watched the Welsh game but it seems an overhyped 4-0 victory over a lesser club is making them seem like world beaters. I expect them to do well but I really don't care who qualifies (bar England).

Supporter+

Kosovo made their debut as well. 1-1 draw away to Finland. They are dangerous opponents. They have a bit of quality in their squad.

FIFA World Cup Qualifying - European Region Table Group I

Team Statistics Position Team P W D L F A GD Pts Last 10 gamesresults MatchStatus
nicely matched!!! Last updated 5 hours ago
Iceland team statistics Moving up1 Iceland 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 1
  1. Draw

Kosovo team statistics Moving up2 Kosovo 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 1
  1. Draw
Reportof Kosovo's last match
Turkey team statistics Moving up3 Turkey 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 1
  1. Draw

Croatia team statistics Moving down4 Croatia 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 1
  1. Draw

Finland team statistics Moving down5 Finland 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 1
  1. Draw