what browser do you use?

liampie

what browser do you use? why do you prefer it?

i used firefox on my samsung tablet but i have now enrolled into a work based course and so i decided to buy a new laptop. at the moment i prefer edge because its fast, clean and does not come with the annoying alerts that i noticed firefox does.

I normally use either Chrome, or Safari as I use a Macbook quite a lot. If I'm using Windows 10 then I will stick with Edge as it is OK and much better than IE which will be retired soon anyway.

The one thing I have noticed with Chrome is that it is more resource hungry than Safari and my battery drains quicker when using it, but it is reliable, will play flash content and hardly ever crashes on me.

I use many browsers for testing things, however I only really use Firefox (on any Windows based machine).

Since upgrading to Windows 10, I do use Edge a little and I do like it but I prefer having NoScripts, along with additional setup that prevents my browser being hijacked or anything like that. It's funny to say how one browser can be popular until another makes a few changes, that said I am not a fan of Chrome.

Android I use Opera.

There's no better browser on any mobile device for me. It's perfect in what it does, allowing me to safe on data (if I choose) but also it acts like a full scale browser which I like.

I hate Firefox, Chrome etc on Android.

I use Ghostery on my phone, chrome is good for speed but you only get the results from a web search that they want you to see, ie the ones that make them money. Edge for workas my companies system are built around the microsoft platform.

Puffin is a good browser for your android if you want to go on full scale web pages not just the mobile versions, it also has flash built in so plays magpie player etc without issue (other than the constant issues that that crap service seem to have built into its system)

9 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

I've given up on the Brano browser.. I entered "good player"... and the search results gave me Scott Bennett, Elliot Hewitt, Atkinson, De Silva ........ :D

You should try the Sheridan browser....

You get Rodman & Collin....

The Leigh Curtis browser when searching players who read games well results Duffy (he who constantly ends up wildly out of position due to his exceptional reading of the game)

9 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

I've given up on the Brano browser.. I entered "good player"... and the search results gave me Scott Bennett, Elliot Hewitt, Atkinson, De Silva ........ :D

I've just tried the Branno browser and i found that it resulted the exact results, at first it did seem a little indulgent as the first 2500 pages on each search gave just his name and picture but then i realised i had searched sh!tebag, useless cenre half & how do you get it so wrong all of the time......

1 hour ago, Northants Pie said:

You should try the Sheridan browser....

You get Rodman & Collin....

The Leigh Curtis browser when searching players who read games well results Duffy (he who constantly ends up wildly out of position due to his exceptional reading of the game)

Brilliant!!!

Ricardo Browser...didn't recognise when you typed in "defend"

JF Browser rejected when you typed in "Stanley"

Brilliant!!!

Ricardo Browser...didn't recognise when you typed in "defend"

JF Browser rejected when you typed in "Stanley"

When I tried the JF version it kept crashing when I used any of the following words:

Victory
Competent
Reality
Smile
Football

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived