After 10 Games

Canadian

Well then! 

I'm quite pleased to see us in the position we're in. I know 10 games ain't much, but gives you an Idea as to where we might need to improve and general feel for the Season ahead

Have we found out new syste? of course it'll have to change now and again. but carry on like we are and i can see it being a fairly good Season. 

What's your thoughts after games? 

I'm honestly not going to get carried away, yet its very promising.

I worry what happens if the coin flips, with the optimism so high and of course the growing expectation - what happens if we take a slump? I don't expect promotion this season, but it would be a welcomed change. What I think John Sheridan is doing, he's trying to learn more about how we can get the results. Now it does slightly irritate me when managers say one thing and do another, which he has been doing a lot of, yet sometimes you have to revert to go to where you want to be.

So its not so much the formation or tactics but how things overall pull together and adapt.

He seems to know what to expect from certain players, so I believe the test will come but when you can pick up wins, confidence grows and people start to believe. Then you find people jumping on board with what the manager is trying to do. Lets just be positive and take things as they come.

Supporter+
33 minutes ago, Piethagoram said:

October's fixture list appears much tougher. That will give a fairer indication of whether real progress is being made

Exactly. We had a run of fixtures where we should have picked up points and that's exactly what the team did. Arguably we don't have an "easy" fixture until Newport at home on November 19th. If Notts are in the same position or better at that stage, then we have to be very confident of promotion. Yes I know it will only be November but it will have been a statement of intent. Looking forward to it. Haven't been able to say that for a while! 

1 hour ago, Dripsey3 said:

Exactly. We had a run of fixtures where we should have picked up points and that's exactly what the team did. Arguably we don't have an "easy" fixture until Newport at home on November 19th. If Notts are in the same position or better at that stage, then we have to be very confident of promotion. Yes I know it will only be November but it will have been a statement of intent. Looking forward to it. Haven't been able to say that for a while! 

Good teams beat the teams at the bottom, and that's exactly what we've done. We struggled to beat anyone at all last season.

It's too early to talk of promotion, but you don't actually have to be that good to finish 7th in League Two. I've seen all manner of rubbish scraping into the play-offs in the past. That would give us a shot at promotion. If we can stay in the top half with a shot a 7th I'd be more than happy.

We're 5th, let's enjoy it!

On 28/09/2016 at 13:36, ivansneck said:

Sheridan and Crossley are the right people. There will be ups and downs but the club will progress under them unless something disruptive happens behind the scenes. Top 10 this year I think.

Whatever happens,surely things wont be anywhere near as bad as last season(either on the pitch or behind the scenes)Enjoy the (relatively)good times and hope for an exciting and successful climax to the season.

Archived