Trouble over the river

DangerousSausage

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/oct/19/nottingham-forest-owner-hasawi-salary-player-bonuses

Snouts in the trough comes to mind - although I'm not sure that this is actually that unusual in football. I seem to remember that Derek Pavis got himself a nice deal upon leaving too. But at least we achieved something under him!

Also interesting that the players discussed not training due to the fridge magnate paying them late...

No problem, Fawaz just has to sell a Ferrari or two and they'll be sorted.  On a serious note, even though I hate the F-word as a club with a passion, it's hard not to sympathise with the fans.  I have thought Fawaz was a chancer ever since he said in an early interview "I am proud to be associated with such a great club as Nottingham".  He had managed to reach the top of the pile in Kuwait simply by throwing more money around than the rest, but he seriously underestimated the dogfight to reach the Greed League that the Premiership has become.  When the cash from beaming TV games v Man U back home didn't materialise, he gradually started to lose interest in his 'project'.  He mirrors the situation at many clubs where owners are more concerned with what they take out rather than put in.   Unfortunately they usually move on to the next opportunity, with no regard at all to the long-suffering supporters.

You know, I actually believe if he had the money the club would be well ran and he would do his best for the Forest (as I do believe he tries now). I certainly don't think he's dodgy, more nieve and silly. I'm sure Forest fans will call him the worst but he's given them a fairly safe transition, under what would easily destroy a club like ours (look at last season).

He wouldn't make my top 10 worst football club owners for sure.

QPR'S may top it, do many contenders!

Archived