Rolling Stones At Glastonbury

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,951
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Just settling down to watch my favourite group The Rolling Stones at Glastonbury. No I'm not actually there but watching BBC2.

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Not really a fan of them..

@super_ram will be, I'm sure he will have things to say.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

I'll have to catch up with this later. I did see them live at The Albert Hall (near the cathedral, not London) in1964  and they were absolutely brilliant.They were very professional and 'together' but had a rawness if that makes sense.We were only a few rows from the front of the stage.Wonderful night,great memory. :cheer:

Supporter+

You'll find they've aged a bit since 1964 Super Ram be prepared for a shock. :joker:

They were really good last night, I can imagine that some would have been disappointed that they didn't play a lot of their well known songs the only two being Brown Sugar and Satisfaction that I can remember but for a fan like myself who has all the albums and knows all the songs there were some pearlers in there. 2000 Light Years, You can't always get what you want, Midnight Rambler and my personal favourite Sympathy for the Devil.

They've got so much material from 50 years they must find it really hard to decide what to play.

Mick is as fit as a butchers dog, there is not an ounce of fat on him and dances around the stage like a 20 year old, brilliant.

50 years on and still brilliant.What can I say,terrific.

Sympathy for the devil is one of my all time favourites.Another is Street fighting man(both from Beggars Banquet)-wish they'd played that too.

Of course there was no Brian Jones (I wonder what would have happened if he hadn't died) or Bill Wyman.Charlie hasn't changed that much apart from the colour of his hair.Where does Mick get his energy from? As for Keef, well what can you say ,if only half the stories about him are true!

Mick Taylor looked overweight  by comparison with the other..

As I said, BRILLIANT.

Supporter+

I didn't recognise Mick Taylor at first, he's certainly changed but I suppose we haven't seen the gradual ageing like we have the rest.

When Mick Taylor first joined The Stones he looked very young and a bit out of place, but not now.

Archived