Jamie Fullarton talks management and his spell at Notts

Typical that he doesn't mention any of the real issues of his time at Notts, just like his post match interviews!  Nothing in there about the fact that we the fans did not want him at the club in the first place and alienating the clubs best player in the first few days.

Nor does he mention introducing the most mind numbingly boring football I have ever seen Notts produce and failing to create a single chance during home games.

The bloke was useless.

Yes, play-offs was a possibility but as a club we was firmly looking down.

We should have stuck with Ricardo or hired Mark Cooper sooner. There was no way John Sheridan would have joined us back then but times changed, you don't see many managers crying over making mistakes and claiming it was stressful. I'm sorry, but the more I read and hear comment from him - the harder I believe that he impressed anyone during a job interview. It just seems more logical that I can fly to Meadow Lane than Jamie Fullarton saying anything right.

I also fail to see how or why anyone would gamble on hiring him when he conducts depressing interviews.

Does he really think this makes any remote difference to his time here? Seems a very pathetic attempt at resaving his career to me.

He didn't walk in to the building with a clean slate. He was sold down the river (or across it) by the Trews who ignored all fan wishes of appointing someone with a bit of experience, and then gave him the label of 'interviewed well'. That wasn't his fault. Everything that happened thereafter pretty much was. 

The strange tactics, if you can call them that, the post-match interview gobblededygook/ arrogance, the Aborah saga, the results. I think the article shows just how ill prepared he was, and how mind boggling it was that the Trews even considered him, never-mind appointed him. 

@Super_Danny_Allsopp Remember all the acrimonious postings on social media when Aileen was made CEO, like she has no experience etc... Well perhaps had she still been CEO, Jamie would never have made it to the interview stage. Jamie, was an appointment by Julien Winter, ( a footballing CEO, which some keyboard warriors had been crying out for), endorsed by Ray. It was the biggest blunder by the Board, I didn't attend some games as the football got so bad, it got to a stage where I wanted Notts to lose, so that he could be removed. An oxymoron situation if there ever was one. As Super Danny says, his post match interviews gave one no confidence of any resemblance of understanding of the match just witnessed or what he was going to do about it.

I know we used to have fun at some of the appointments across the river, like Agent Platt, Megson etc... but they certainly got their own back on us with this one.

Even now, in a way, I still miss Ricardo. The football at Meadow Lane was the most entertaining for years. Ricardo was let down by Brano with some of his recommendations but Ricardo didn't help himself with the likes of signing Sprokel. I often wonder if the Board ever took soundings from Ricardo's previous employers?

Archived