Coldest you've ever been at a game

Hartlepool a few seasons back.

The snow was blistering cold and their ground really enforced that. It's not often I feel like a frozen statue after having watched Notts - frozen maybe but not so cold that I couldn't feel my toes or even bend them. By time I got home my feet was blue, my hands struggled to hold things.

Literally never felt this cold in all of my life.

I seem to believe it rained on the way home also which made matters worse. :/

I remember the game but had to do a bit of looking up to find the date, turns out it was Dec 28th 2004 at Scunthorpe.  We were expecting family round, but they cancelled late so it was a really last minute decision that allowed me to go.  I parked up near Glanford Park at around 2:45 and went to get my coat, only to find it wasn't there.  In my haste I had left it at home along with my wallet!  After scrambling around in the change compartment of the car I scraped enough to gain entry, even though it was all in coins, and made my way to the ground in my (short-sleeved) Notts shirt.  People must have thought I was well hard, I was actually bloody freezing.  I think I had just about defrosted by the time I got home.

Grimsby away 1995 I think, when Kendall was in charge. Right by the side of the sea and there was a snow blizzard that blew straight into the away end just before half time! Never been as cold as that day before, or after.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've been frozen by winds tearing through Meadow Lane a few times. But the coldest matches I can remember were in Germany.

Once at Kaiserslautern - it was so cold that there were icicles on the backs of the seats. Not joking.

The other times was a German cup match between Karlsruhe and SV Wehen Wiesbaden one January, where we were completely exposed to the elements and an icy wind. How grateful I was that it didn't go to extra time.

1910402_65151031286_6864_n.jpg

Archived