Northern Irish Grounds Photos

weymouthPIE

I've uploaded the photos from all the football grounds I visited in Northern Ireland. As I said, I visited 8 but only managed to get into 5.

Here's the first album, from The Ballymena Showgrounds - home to Ballymena United. Feel free to flick through :)

Second is the Showgrounds, home of Coleraine FC:

Next is Seaview - Crusaders FC. Interestingly this ground has the only artificial pitch in the whole of Northern Ireland:

The Oval - Glentoran FC. I REALLY liked this ground in particular due to the views from the ground. From almost anywhere you can see Belfast City centre and Belfast Harbour, the Harland & Wolf cranes, but the wonderfull green hills beyond it. Even in a buisy city you never feel far from Northern Ireland's fantastic scenery :)

And finally, Windsor Park. Home to Linfield and the Northern Irish national team. Linfield are Britian's most successfull football club with an incredible 227 first class trophies won in their history! I really liked this ground as well. I do prefer the older, more old fashioned grounds to the new souless, passionless bowls popping up everywhere. You could sense the history and tradition about the place.

Lovely share Weymouth -Thanks for taking the trouble to post. :thumbsup:

Archived