Sutton United - a disgrace to football

ivansneck

Yep can't say I'm impressed. Seems like the whole lower-league / non-league community is distancing itself from their antics. Shame because on the pitch they've done well.

That said Notts had one-off betting sponsors against Man City and Liverpool in those big cup games.

How different is number one compared to our Ladbrokes deal during the League Cup clash against Liverpool?

2. Needs to be proved that Sutton was involved, so it's a little early to form an opinion on that but their keeper is a disgrace. However, he's walk after resigning and I am sure he will be published. I have to say there's much better things that people could be doing, the media are being quite annoying with the story for me - leave it for them to get punished. They go OTT about it and it will lead to further 10 minutes of fame (which is probably why they do it like this).

A pitch invasion when losing? Wow, that's classy.

34 minutes ago, Joe Jones said:

Yep can't say I'm impressed. Seems like the whole lower-league / non-league community is distancing itself from their antics. Shame because on the pitch they've done well.

That said Notts had one-off betting sponsors against Man City and Liverpool in those big cup games.

Not so much the one-off sponsors per se but the Hillsborough liars should never be associated with a football club again.

I can't comment on the pitch invasion as I didn't see it, but I agree with the rest.

It's different to our one-off sponsorships as Sutton jumped into bed with S*n Bet. They carried the logo of the newspaper that smeared football fans after Hillsborough (and that still employs the stain on humanity who wrote it). But it would have been nice if Sutton had given their own, local sponsor a day in the sun (no pun intended) too. They stood by and supported the club when the S*n weren't interested.

Frankly I'm ambivalent about the pie-eating stunt as it didn't affect matters on the pitch. But the size of the bloke! What a state for a sportsman to get himself into. He plays in the Conference - only one division below us - not in a pub league. Doesn't indicate a great deal of professionalism.

I seem to remember the S*n sponsoring a non-league club on a cup run a few years ago too. Who were they?

Going off on a bit of a tangent now, but Lincoln took 2000 fans with them for their trip to North Ferriby. Trying to secure themselves cup tickets?

Archived