Leicester have sacked Ranieri

upthepies

To say I'm angry would be a massive understatement.

I almost wrote an article at the start of the year about Leicester City, their problem is down to the players. They achieved the title due to Ranieri and after suddenly the majority of squad seemed to think they deserved more money, more limelight and this has massively effected the club. I do feel they have taken the Champions League too seriously, I have debated this with @Joe Jones because I feel if you can beat European teams - yet fail against average Premier League clubs there's something wrong.

Utter disgrace and I have no right to feel annoyed but as a fan of the beautiful game this is shocking.

Their chairman had gone on record to say Ranieri was safe and they wouldn't even consider sacking him, a few weeks later they've done it. It's a joke and I hope the club fall back down to earth.

Little faith and respect in the modern game, I doubt Leicester will attract a manager good enough to complete with the top 10.

Those days are gone now unfortunately but I do feel for their fans, last season was a culture shock and this campaign they have fallen back down to earth. You just know in five years time there will be a documentary on this period for Leicester City.

Yup, players became too big for their boots. I reckon a lot of them were resentful of the fact they stayed put at Leicester when their stock was high, then as things took a tumble, they dropped their heads and, as time went on, they lost their way and held Claudio responsible.

i think people need to understand that its worse because they gave him their backing, its like they had a board meeting and decided to give him the champions league game (which he won) but had already decided then to give him the nudge.

its very sickening and disrespectful for me.

there is no loyalty in football but common sense and time needs to be given.

7 hours ago, Joe Jones said:

Yup, players became too big for their boots. I reckon a lot of them were resentful of the fact they stayed put at Leicester when their stock was high, then as things took a tumble, they dropped their heads and, as time went on, they lost their way and held Claudio responsible.

21 hours ago, notts-joe said:

To say I'm angry would be a massive understatement.

I almost wrote an article at the start of the year about Leicester City, their problem is down to the players. They achieved the title due to Ranieri and after suddenly the majority of squad seemed to think they deserved more money, more limelight and this has massively effected the club. I do feel they have taken the Champions League too seriously, I have debated this with @Joe Jones because I feel if you can beat European teams - yet fail against average Premier League clubs there's something wrong.

Utter disgrace and I have no right to feel annoyed but as a fan of the beautiful game this is shocking.

Their chairman had gone on record to say Ranieri was safe and they wouldn't even consider sacking him, a few weeks later they've done it. It's a joke and I hope the club fall back down to earth.

Whilst i understand why you may think its the players it isn't.

Last seasons success was on the back of some good old fashioned tactics and in no small part Kante, he was and is that good that he covered up their defensive weaknesses which allowed the more creative players freedom to stay forward.

This year they just got found out tactically and with Kante going exposed their weaknesses thats all, the players head dropping etc etc is more in realisation of their own and combined abilities to not be able to effect the game in the way they were last year.

His dismissal is down to the chairman who has been putting in more money behind the scenes than Man City and he wants a return on his investment, a return which won't happen in the Championship.

Personally I don't think they would have gone down and the feeling around the place was that they had turned a corner with their display against Sevilla, unfortunately in the billion dollar business world numbers crate short-terms for people to get it right, especially after a massive success

It's very sad. Ranieri should have been given until the end of the season to turn things around, it's the least he deserved after last season.

I'm not sure that players were resentful about having to stay, a number of them consciously decided to stay, with Vardy even turning Arsenal down.

It's hard to say what's gone on behind the scenes; however, if players were getting unruly and too big for their boots, it's the manager's job to bring them back down to earth again for the good of the team. It's no good repeatedly warning a player and then picking him regardless. I agree that Ranieri shouldn't have been sacked, but he isn't blameless for their current situation either.

It'll be interesting to see where they go next. It looks like they're after Mr mercenary manager Guus Hiddink to replace him.

Archived