League 2: Relegation and Promotion Battles

TheCalFoster

Really simple topic, who do you thinks going to get promoted and who will be relegated?  And to keep it Notts related where will Notts finish? I'm going to say 16th. 

Promoted: 

Doncaster - champions

Plymouth - Runners up 

Portsmouth - 3rd

Play off winners: It makes me sick to say it but I can see Mansfield winning it.

Relegated: Orient and Crewe 

I think there's going to be a few surprises still.

I would say Doncaster Rovers should have more than enough to hold out, the League Two does seem to be there's and it's interesting to see how they have turned this around. I suspect Plymouth may bottle the automatics, to which I think Portsmouth will replace them.

Champions: Doncaster Rovers
Runners up: Portsmouth

Third place: Luton Town

Play-Offs: for me it's between Plymouth and Carlisle, to which I think Plymouth will win.

I would agree Mansfield will make it, yet I expect them to struggle with the pressure of the play-offs and just miss out on going that one step further.

Relegation:

Hartlepool and Newport for me.

Plymouth fell out of contention last season and they're showing all the signs of doing the same thing again. Two points in five games now I believe. Will be interesting to see if they can turn it around this time. And I have a sneaking feeling about Mansfield too, Steve Evans is a proven winner.

As for relegation, I can't see past the bottom two at present. Newport have to win three games just to catch up with 22nd, and they've only won five all season. My gut tells me that Orient are more likely to stage a fightback but they're also adrift and have a losing habit, not to mention all the upheaval behind the scenes.

@DangerousSausage yeah when I had look at a the table and seen them near the play offs and that Evans effect, he seems to know what he's doing in these play offs.

@notts-joe Lutons not a bad shout for going up, a team that was in non-League a while back going up again, doesn't take much to transition from being successful in non league to a solid league 2 team into a strong promotion candidate. 

Archived