Video Technology to be used in the FA Cup

TheCalFoster

I have a number of problems with this.

A fourth substitute in extra time is sensible enough. The video referee sounds alright but the verdict would have to be instantaneous, no sitting around and waiting for a verdict; that would slow the game down. I'm also concerned this would give Sky TV a way to get more involved in the game than they already are.

Rolling substitutions would change the game and favour the teams with bigger squads. They would also be a potent time-wasting strategy. Not keen.

Sin-bins would fundamentally change the game. Teams would spend lengthy spells of every match one or two men down. What an incentive to play-act, provoke and get the opposition booked!

I think it would be better tested in the Non-League, give all the clubs a little payday and see how it goes. I don't like the idea of doing it in the F.A Cup solely because it could interfere with the course of the competition.

I'm totally against the ideas of this, I actually think it would benefit the game.

Just need to wary of pinching ideas from others sports and ruining the beautiful game.

Archived