Internet: Pastime, Interest or apart of your daily life?

There's no denying that the internet is apart of my daily life, it has been ever since my brother first got a computer and since then it's just involve into a massive aspect for everyone - yet despite this there are some who remain grounded to life in the real world. I am very curious to see what others on PON consider their usage to be.

Is it a pastime for you? i.e something to do when your bored.
Is it an interest? i.e do you only use the internet to source information, news and things of this kind.
Is it apart of your daily life? i.e are you always on social media, online communities or doing something on the internet - whereby without you may end up lost?

I guess to some degree we are all each of the three but my mine one would be apart of 'daily life'. How about you?

Its a part of my daily life but since I'm only sixteen, I would say its normal.

I can go without having an internet connection, so its not life or death without it (you know what I mean) but I do like having it. Watching movies with a touch of a button, having news and so on just a finger tip a way is quite something.

On 10/03/2017 at 18:44, TheSkipper said:

Its a part of my daily life but since I'm only sixteen, I would say its normal.

I would recommend having a healthy online presence at your age. Well, as long as it extends beyond facebook and twatter. 

For myself, I was glued to my laptop at your age, and I was told it was unhealthy, but my knowledge of IT (beyond social media... more websites/graphics/software etc...) has helped me no-end in my professional life. If that is what you are into, I can't recommend getting involved. 

Archived