Rubish bin collections

Last Tuesday non of the grey topped bins in our close were emptied.I left it  Wednesday but on last Thursday I rang up to report the non collection.I was assured by the chappie at the other end of the phone that the bins would ,in fact, be emptied later that day.This morning(Monday)all the bins in our close were still waiting to be emptied, so I rang up again.This time I was told that it usually takes up to 3 working days for a missed collection to be carried out.On asking why I was promised the bins would be emptied last Thursday I just received a vague 'I don't know'. When I pressed the chap for a new collection date he told me Tuesday.I then told him that our green bins are due for collection then.His response to this  was that both bins would probably be emptied at the same time.This begs the question-why bother separating items into different bins in the first place if they are being emptied together into the same collection vehicle ? Not impressed !

That's post of the month by @Piethagoram (of course unbiased reasons) :rolleyes::angel:

Our neighbours put all sorts of stuff in their brown bins and they get emptied! So, they have never been reliable around here but I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't related to the stupid parking the fools near you get up to @super_ram. Joe drove up a few weeks back to drop William off and we struggled to get back down!

On 13/03/2017 at 18:33, super_ram said:

Last Tuesday non of the grey topped bins in our close were emptied.I left it  Wednesday but on last Thursday I rang up to report the non collection.I was assured by the chappie at the other end of the phone that the bins would ,in fact, be emptied later that day.This morning(Monday)all the bins in our close were still waiting to be emptied, so I rang up again.This time I was told that it usually takes up to 3 working days for a missed collection to be carried out.On asking why I was promised the bins would be emptied last Thursday I just received a vague 'I don't know'. When I pressed the chap for a new collection date he told me Tuesday.I then told him that our green bins are due for collection then.His response to this  was that both bins would probably be emptied at the same time.This begs the question-why bother separating items into different bins in the first place if they are being emptied together into the same collection vehicle ? Not impressed !

Truth is that the requirment to recycle is way ahead of the facilites available, so we actually separate more than can be dealt with. Until capital spending on recycling facilites is massively increased by Westminster this will continue.

At least it's better than when there was only 1 paper recycling plant in the UK (in Kent) and all paper was sent there by truck produing more carbon dioxide and pollution than if we had just burned it all in our gardens...

It's a typical UK example of having a gpood idea, but refusing to spend the money required to implement it properly, c.f. the NHS, comprehensive schools, public transport etc.etc.

On 15/03/2017 at 09:48, ivansneck said:

Truth is that the requirment to recycle is way ahead of the facilites available, so we actually separate more than can be dealt with. Until capital spending on recycling facilites is massively increased by Westminster this will continue.

At least it's better than when there was only 1 paper recycling plant in the UK (in Kent) and all paper was sent there by truck produing more carbon dioxide and pollution than if we had just burned it all in our gardens...

It's a typical UK example of having a gpood idea, but refusing to spend the money required to implement it properly, c.f. the NHS, comprehensive schools, public transport etc.etc.

Well our grey lidded bin was collected at 11.50 on Tuesday along with all the other  grey lidded bins in our close.The vehicle used was smaller than the usual ones that come each week, looked a bit old   and was operated by the driver who also collected all the bins on his own.The green bins were all emptied about an hour later using a large upto date vehicle with about 6 chaps manhandling the bins and returning the empties haphazardly.

On 14/03/2017 at 08:25, Piethagoram said:

Managerial bin collection at Pride Park seems to be going Ok😂

Hope the managerial bin collections at both our clubs has now been suspended @Piethagoram,just need some rubbish collecting from our playing squad(I could review that remark depending on Saturdays result)

bins are not reliably emptied where i live.

but the council moan when people report seeing rats and pests in the street. people cant win but the council are quick to empty households who two or three green bins and those that lie about them not being emptied in the first place. it makes no sense!

Archived