Hello (ELL100T)

ELL100T

Alright,

Joined in December as I thought it would be nice to hear from other County fans rather than try talk about it with mates who all conveniently have granddads from Manchester or Chelsea! I have posted a couple of times in the match chats, but thought I should may as well put a post here.

Originally from MK, but been a NCFC fan always. Best match I've been to was the 4-3 win at Wycombe in 2012 when Alan Judge hit a screamer in injury time (and should have got us playoffs, if Sheffield United hadn't been bottle jobs against Stevenage). Also if anyone happens to know where I could find a 1978 home shirt, let us know as I've been looking for about three years now.

Hopefully I've joined this page at the right time; fairly new ownership, management and some form that has been lost for a while. Look forward to a strong finish to the campaign and hopefully better things next season.

Cheers,

Elliot

Hi Ell100t and welcome. You have (sort of) joined at the right time, with the club finally looking up rather than down, but on the other hand it isn't giving us very much to moan about at the moment!

Good luck in finding a vintage shirt, not many people like to part with these so you may be be looking for quite a while!

Yeah I know, it is probably the most enjoyable spell I've had since the start of the 2014/15 season when we had a nice little run and were pushing up the League 1 table. As for the shirt, I thought I may as well try!

I'm Notts through my Dad, he was the eldest of four sons and having moved to Nottingham from Scotland - he had more sense than his brothers and chose County. He was there for a lot of the games in Jimmy Sirrel's first spell. I'm in my early 20s, but have enjoyed being Notts rather than following the majority of my generation in jumping on to a top 6 Premier League club. As you've pointed out , MK Dons aren't exactly popular and I was supporting County before they even existed (were still Wimbledon at the time). Besides, it was never too bad a trip up the M1!

Welcome to the Pride of Nottingham @ELL100T.

There's never really right time to join in with a fan site, usually there's something bound to happen but the spirit right now is very impressive and it does go a long way. Even in the difficult times around Notts we do have a good community spirit, especially at games. Yet it would be nice if we could experience a few positive seasons before the normal service resumes. Wait, we wouldn't want that but it's football after all.

Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself, it's been good reading your views to the match discussions - hope to see your input in other matters.

If you need help finding content, this link is very useful (we also have a dashboard view located under the 'community' tab).

https://prideofnottingham.co.uk/discover/

You Pies!

Archived