Match Discussion: Game 39 - The Chairboys (A)

PON_News

Game 39 - The Chairboys (A)

Team: Wycombe Wanderers

Date: 25/03/17

Where: Adams Park

What line-up should Kevin Nolan opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

Unsure what to make of this game, obviously we need the points and I think we can go there quite confident.

The question will be which Notts County will appear for Kevin Nolan and will they be able to bypass the match officials? I think this will be one by a single goal, yet at this stage I think the winner could be either side. I'd like to Jon Stead back in the team starting (if he's fit).

• Like 2

i think they was one of the better visitors to meadow lane so i do think this will be easy.

just need to approach the game in the right way, build from the back and go forward. would also like to see stead upfront, i do not think ameobi is good enough alone and forte just seems a statue these days.

We need a different result than the 2-0 home defeat by them. Wycombe played quite well then, so it will be a chance to see how we have changed since. Provided the players try and give 100% I would accept whatever outcome.

Play to win Nolan, go for a sensible line-up with plenty of forward options.

1-1 draw for me.

• Like 1

I do feel this will be one of those games whereby by both teams forms really dampen the pace of the game.

Provided we don't overload the defence to compensate any weakness we may have there, we should be fine going forward. We just need to mix things up, don't attack solely down a single route - use the flanks and the centre of the park. We have a lot more pace and dynamics about us than we did the last time we met at Meadow Lane, so we should be better off for that.

I do think the game will probably end up hoofball central but Notts must adapt to this.

The game will probably quite close, so I think 1-1 sounds about right. If we defend well and Collin does what he's paid to do - we may be able to grab the win. It's funny how our away form has gone downhill but at home it's greatly improved.

We will most likely lose to Wycombe, so I am not expecting to see a positive result here.

It would not be a concern if this does happen, I can see us winning at least two of our last few games and mathematically I think we are much better off than Newport or Leyton. Lets hope at the very least we see another spirited performance by Notts but whatever happens, happens. I will go with a 3-1 lose, sorry!

25/3/67 Notts 20th in Div 4; 25/3/17 Notts 20th in L2. Piethagoram's 50 years to the day watching Notts, same league position as when I started. At least memorable seasons in the top flight, Anglo Italian Cup,  Juventus V Notts in the intervening years.

Nolan does seem to follow a Big Sam blueprint. Play the game in percentages, especially tightening up of the defence. Yes, Wycombe had squandered chances today to score, but Notts have a more team unit feel to the side now. Ability to see out a game too. The team is greater than the sum of the individual parts. 

• Like 6

Another really hard fought and deserved victory today, which is fast beoming our trademark under Nolan. A thoroughly professional and disciplined performance. We were comfortable really, played the better football, had the better chances, defended brilliantly and hardly gave them a sniff at the other. Thought they were poor in truth, just hoofed it to Akinfenwa who didn't get the space to do anything by our defence. 

The job Nolan has done in turning things around so dramatically to the point that we're already safe is nothing short of remarkable. We look fitter, sharper, smarter, much more organised, and every player looks like they'd run through brick walls for eachother. Absolutely fantastic work ethic. If Nolan is given the time to build his own team we really could see something special here

• Like 6

Very solid win but I'm hearing mixed reports.

Did Notts play solid? Or was Wycombe poor? From the majority of opinions I've heard and read we deserved the victory buy it seems we may have been under pressure for a fair bit of the game.

Just trying to see if anyone in attendance can shed more light.

I'm very happy with the win, it's a great achievement all round and further signs if a promising season next term (despite Nolan trying to play things down). Great victory!