What team does your family members support?

Last night I was in the pub with some family members...all forest fans trying to rib me, unsuccessfully may I add. Which got me thinking, who does my fellow PON users family support? 

My family on my mum's side:

Grandad, Uncle Andy and Dave, Andy's daughter, all follow Forest, they tried to get me to follow Forest as a kid but it just wasn't for me, Notts always fascinated me.

Family on my Dad's side: Dad supports Forest, Uncle Raymond supports Notts and a few others on that side are Wolves but I don't know them that well.

11 year old brother is a Notts fan, you can thank me later..

My Nan's brother and his sons live(d) in Manchester and follow United (booo) and Bury.

Interesting , as a child , my dad was very old school one week Notts the next the F word , my eldest brother Notts , middle brother the F word , dad became Notts only as he got older and financial could only go to one , victory the pies .

From about 13 on i was Notts , started going to games then . Then when i had my own children i inculcated them in all things Notts , they all have children of there own and I'm at it again , all things Notts ,not so easy this time though other influences also :shifty:,  my daughter goes to the games with me loves the kop on a big game day , we'll be attending Monday , coyp 

Mine is quite obvious.

My Wife doesn't really like football but for my sake, she does like it when Notts does well.

@super_pie (my Son) supports Notts and Chelsea (he liked them when they wasn't the title winning team).

My Brother @william1984 likes Blackburn and Notts, though I'll assume he's now a Derby fan (Brentford anyone?).... Ouch

My Mum is Notts through and through @GrannyPie.

My two daughters like Notts, however my eldest likes Everton because of Ross Barkley. :lol:

Oh... And..... Yeah, my Dad's a Ram fan... @super_ram.

On 15/04/2017 at 16:13, Chris said:

Mine is quite obvious.

My Wife doesn't really like football but for my sake, she does like it when Notts does well.

@super_pie (my Son) supports Notts and Chelsea (he liked them when they wasn't the title winning team).

My Brother @william1984 likes Blackburn and Notts, though I'll assume he's now a Derby fan (Brentford anyone?).... Ouch

My Mum is Notts through and through @GrannyPie.

My two daughters like Notts, however my eldest likes Everton because of Ross Barkley. :lol:

Oh... And..... Yeah, my Dad's a Ram fan... @super_ram.

Going further back in our family history,my mum( @Chris's paternal grandmother) was originally from Bradford, so when we went to visit there my dad would take me to watch either Bradford Park Avenue( who were then a League club) or Bradford City,with my grandad and Uncle Alan.I was lucky enough one Easter,though, to be taken to watch Leeds when The Rams were the visitors.I can't remember the exact score but Leeds won.

My dad ( @Chris's paternal grandfather) often took me to watch The Rams but he usually went to Alfreton Town games, as their ground is at the end of the street we used to live on.It was usually my Dad's youngest brother,my Uncle Stan, who took me to Derby games.He took me to my first Rams away game at........Meadow Lane.Notts won 1- 0 .

My paternal grandfather moved to Alfreton when he was young and followed the Rams but being originally from Sheffield was a keen follower of Sheffield Wednesday too.

My family never really liked football (or any sport, apart from Country sports) when I was growing up, I was nearly always shipped off to my Grandad's house on a Saturday to watch Grandstand (He refused to watch ITV, so I missed the wrestling!). My Grandad was a Forest fan, so I started to support Notts (and Man Utd, but I'll skip over that) just to be different.

My son started out as a Liverpool fan because he liked Stevie G, but I soon managed to beat that out of him and he is now Notts through and through, my wife isn't a football fan, but likes to wind us up when we lose!

My granddad used to follow both Notts and the f word, my grandma just followed Notts. My mum and dad met through going to Notts away games in 1946, on what was called the Bill Reynolds No.1 bus. So for me mum and dad its just Notts County. Although dad poorly so not able to go now. 

My sister, eldest daughter's boyfriend and regular squash partner all support Forest.  Middle daughter's boyfriend supports Man U, youngest daughter's boyfriend supports Arsenal.  When I say 'support', I mainly mean 'follow' because only my sister actually goes to games.  I took the Man U fan to the Portsmouth game and he was genuinely surprised that the level of passion at a League 2 game outdid the few Premiership he has attended.

Archived