Favourite cancelled TV shows that you miss

When I had Netflix I really become immersed in a TV show called Jericho. I found the series late, so I ended up watching them all in a row back-to-back before I went on holiday a few years ago. It was a great show, yet the final episode really ruined the enjoyment level. Since then, I miss shows like 'Heroes' which I was glued to watching - in fact I would have to get back from work in time to watch and I hate missing it!

After the first season it went down hill, I recall them messing around with the time slot and I think it aired after Match of the Day (too late for me then). :lol:

Even shows like The Addams Family, Bewitched, The Munsters are all things I used to enjoy (yes Bewitched was before my time, I enjoyed watching re-runs with @GrannyPie.

I used to enjoy Heroes in the early series, but it all started to get a bit silly and there never appeared to be an end in sight. "Save the Cheerleader, save the world", how many times and for how long were they supposed to save her?

Personally I was a fan of Ripper Street and couldn't understand why the Beeb discontinued it, but thankfully it was bought by Amazon and they managed to make an extra 3 series and gave the story a conclusion that I have only just finished watching.

I also liked The Musketeers which was not renewed after series 3, a bit daft to watch, but enjoyable.

TV series can go past their shelf life very quickly and it is a good writer that knows when to pull the plug and give the series a conclusion.

Would Lost come into this category? Apparently they wanted it to run indefinitely at one point, but after the stupid episode about Jack's tattoo they decided to draw it to an equally stupid close. Some of it was seriously good though and it was always compelling.

I loved Going Live as a kid, with Philip Schofield and Gordon the Gopher. Its successor was never quite the same.

Top of the Pops was always a TV fixture for me but it suffered due to the advent of music channels and the decline in relevance of the charts.

Was going to say Neighbours but I am amazed to find out it's still going!

1 hour ago, DangerousSausage said:

Would Lost come into this category?

I'd accept it even though I find it boring as hell.

There's a rip off that I watched, one which is more a comedy than drama. I actually liked that! yet Lost was never something I could get into.

--

I found this link to be quite interesting, as it says 'famous' and I only know a few of the titles - http://www.clipd.com/tv/11313/17-tv-shows-you-loved-that-were-cancelled-way-too-soon

Jericho and Pushing Daisies are about it.

On 02/05/2017 at 23:32, TheFostarr94 said:

I loved Two and a half men, miss that! 

I thought it was still going but with Ashton Kutcher in it? I thought it was going down hill before Charlie Sheen was booted.

Just didn't seem as funny with the young lad older, plus things seemed repeated every other episode. I do miss it in its prime, though the funniest episodes for me was the earlier ones and a few in the middle.

Archived