Football is United!

I know this has little to do with Notts County but I came across this short documentary on youtube about the rise and fall of Leyton Orient from the fans perspective. It is a real interesting watch and just goes to show how unsafe a lot of the smaller clubs are with owners that don't care.

Look forward to watching this later. Half the lower leagues dream about a big-money takeover, but many don't think of what would happen if their club fell into the wrong hands. Before Orient's owner arrived they had reached the League One play-offs on a shoestring budget.

Hartlepool will bounce back, they've had a poor season but they went down for footballing reasons. If you flirt with the trapdoor as much as they have over the years it's bound to happen sooner or later. But they can regroup and bounce back. Orient, on the other hand, are just disintegrating. I'm not even sure they'll make next season out.

I watched this and one the other night about the Blackpool board/owner.

It's really interesting (in a sad way) to see these things happen. Orient will be fine mind, they have a good supporters base and should attract a local owner if the current person does sell (which I see no reason why he wouldn't).

Whether related to prideofnottingham or not this is a must see film for any lower league club as not 6 months ago we were heading in the same direction. Along with their Chairman the EFL must to take as much responsibility through their non action and buried head in the sand attitude. Surely the integrity of the game would have been better served by taking action against the owners and not by belittling fans who took drastic action to try and get their voices heard. This may not have prevented relegation but ensured the fans knew somebody was listening.

Archived