German Federation grateful to Notts

ivansneck

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

They must be, as Notts voting for the inclusion of 'premier league' teams in the Checkatrade trophy allowed two young German players to get match experience for Everton last night.

Mr Hardy, please remember that next time England lose to Germany...

Continue the boycott!!

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,442
  • Days Won:  287

I have no problem with young players getting match experience, but if they're ready for first team experience they should be selected in their first team or loaned out. That way they'd have the advantage of playing against other senior first teams in matches that mean something, which is miles better than this stupid trophy.

I was also disappointed to see an attendance above 1000. It doesn't feel right to criticise fans for attending, but I feel the inclusion and acceptance of B teams in this competition is a real threat to every lower-division club, and the only way we can stop it is by staying away for these matches.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

There will have been some local Everton fans there boosting the crowd.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,442
  • Days Won:  287

88 according to the match report. That's 88 more than Freiburg will bring on Sunday.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,961
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I'm surprised by how poor the B teams do, I would have expected them to do much better but even last season they was woeful.

I really dislike the concept of this, and it's hard to support it - I respect those that do but that said I doubt the experience gained in the tournament will really benefit anyone long term. 

Archived