Bajner to Dortmund

Balint Bajner has joined Borussia Dortmund!

Before you all lose your minds (like the PON Facebook users did yesterday), it looks like he's rejoined Borussia Dortmund II in the regional fourth division, where he played before, so don't go looking for him in the Champions League. He'd spent the summer on trial there as well as in Kiel and Jena. It's been confirmed by the local newspaper.

Good luck to him, but I hope I don't see him lining up against Waldhof Mannheim next May.

Bajner.jpg

I think it's sort of confused everyone, but I stand by my comments on FB - he's a decent player.

I was disappointed we let him go because I thought he would learn from League Two and pretty much walk it. He had a bit of pace, held the ball up well and was direct enough with his skill that it could have caused issues.

Good luck to him.

I agree @Chris, I think the stick he still gets has more to do with the social media circus that surrounded him than with him as a player. I thought there was plenty of potential there and he even scored a couple of important goals in a Notts side that didn't exactly create much (we went down that season). He would have improved with more game time as well.

Joining BVB II is probably a retrograde step in sporting terms as they've been relegated since he left them, but it's also the last club he spent any length of time at (I think his career has suffered for chopping and changing clubs too often). German B teams are for under 23s but about 3 over-age players are allowed, so the top clubs often buy a couple of older players to lead the line for them. So it looks like BB will play a significant role, which will only do him good. Just hope I don't see him again in the play-offs!

Archived