Match Discussion: Game 9 - The Imps (H)

PON_News

15 hours ago, AndersonforOlympics said:

@allardyces tash  The boot was lower than Stead's goal (Quality goal tbf), and in the same game a 6 foot 5 player got kicked in the head an it wasn't even a foul. The ref was incredibly inconsistent

I believe the decision to uphold the red card is correct, but honestly I didn't see the foul you mentioned.

I do agree with the inconsistent comment, however this is always going to happen in League Two - there's just not enough good referees. Yet I think there would have been a few more cards issued if he had have been better, possible some to Notts but more to Lincoln. The time wasting and antics by several players within the Lincoln squad was frustrating and isn't really needed for in the professional leagues.

But hey, we both face new teams now and it's time to move on.

On 25/09/2017 at 23:06, AndersonforOlympics said:

The boot was lower than Stead's goal (Quality goal tbf), and in the same game a 6 foot 5 player got kicked in the head an it wasn't even a foul. The ref was incredibly inconsistent

Not sure we can compare it to the goal scored by Jon Stead, your player was never in any danger.

On 9/27/2017 at 00:11, allardyces tash said:

Not sure we can compare it to the goal scored by Jon Stead, your player was never in any danger.

Your player wouldn't be in danger had he looked, but it's really pointless speculating. The fact is you got 3 points and knott got banned for 3 games, I accept that, It's one of those things that on another day could've been a different story

With all due respect @AndersonforOlympics Notts and Ryan Yates didn't get Knott banned - he did.

And your club got him banned for 3 games by foolishly thinking that the appeal could be overturned, it was obvious that it wouldn't happen. This is all factual now, it's not speculation - what is however is saying that Ryan Yates caused it.

Look at the footage, along with any fan captured videos - you'll see clearly that Ryan reacted well before Billy Knott even positioned himself able to attempt to win the ball. He's slumped at first, Yates gets his head out there and the rest is history now. Just enjoy the season! I look forward to seeing your thoughts when visit you. 

8 hours ago, Chris said:

With all due respect @AndersonforOlympics Notts and Ryan Yates didn't get Knott banned - he did.

And your club got him banned for 3 games by foolishly thinking that the appeal could be overturned, it was obvious that it wouldn't happen. This is all factual now, it's not speculation - what is however is saying that Ryan Yates caused it.

Look at the footage, along with any fan captured videos - you'll see clearly that Ryan reacted well before Billy Knott even positioned himself able to attempt to win the ball. He's slumped at first, Yates gets his head out there and the rest is history now. Just enjoy the season! I look forward to seeing your thoughts when visit you. 

My point is neither player is faultless, but we accept that. We accept and admit you deserved 3 points, hopefully the latter will be reversed when we play at sincil bank, hopefully that game will end with 22 players aswell. Although you didn't play great against mansfield I still think and hope you'll win the league and I hope we'll be following you to league 1. 

Ps please can we have hawkridge back.