Match Discussion: FA Cup - The City (H)

PON_News

FA Cup - The City (H)

Team: Oxford City

Date: 02/12/17

Where: Meadow Lane

What line-up should Kevin Nolan opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

A strong line up as in a league game is a must , approach the game in the proper manner give Oxford City the respect they deserve , don't take it as a given , all of this I'm sure KN will be spot on with , always difficult to predict a game like this as we know from both sides of the fence anything can happen , but that fence is giving me splinters sat on it so I'll go for a Notts win 3-1 , hope we are to strong for them , COYP 

• Like 3

If we play wisely and take no mistakes, ensuring that the defence is responsible - we shouldn't really have any concerns.

Provided we match their work-rate and work harder ourselves. I think we have to just build slowly and make the most of the space that opens up. I fully expect them to play as a team, whereas this is exactly what we should do. Only allow Jorge Grant/Ryan Yates (or whoever) to run the show once we are firmly in control. I expect them to give us a good game and provided we play well, I won't be disappointed if things don't go to our plan. 

• Like 1

Kevin Nolan should get the video of the game between Ox City and Colchester and basically pick out all the flaws - my guess would be complacency, lack of cohesion, U's fans quickly turning against their team for not performing against a "minnow" and failure to take their front line seriously - their wingers and striker (Matt Paterson) were quite a handful at Colchester so they will need to be dealt with accordingly.

A lot of people think like it's FIFA or Football Manager when a draw throws up one of these ties with a clear disparity, with a 4-0 or 5-0 guaranteed to be the cards, but let's face it, I cannot see it being a pretty game. Unless Notts open the scoring early on and cause City to lose all their shape, in which case the visitors will likely panic and their game plans will unravel - but even then I expect Notts to be cautious - but otherwise I can see it being a grind, with maybe a lone goal in the 75th minute from a set piece putting Notts in the third round. And yes, some fans will moan, but they can do one. Kev, just get us to the third round in one piece, doesn't matter if the game against OCFC is dire.

• Like 1

Not looking forward to this game at all, mainly because I'm away at the weekend so have to watch it on BT Sport.  In my opinion resting players will send out completely the wrong message, we must show them full respect so I hope Nolan selects his best eleven.  A scrappy 1-0 will do for me.

• Like 2

I think it will be tight and due to that fairly close.

They played quite well against Colchester and I suspect that they will be playing fair deep, whilst having thought about how we tend to break teams down. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they try to play the game mostly in the air and hoofing the ball out. Though I do think they'll play well, just that they would have studied our weaknesses.

• Like 1

Looking forward to watching on BT with  @GrannyPie.This could very well be a banana skin but I don't really expect a Salford repeat.I wont jinx the result with a forecast ,just wish you Pies all the best.:thumbsup:

Don't think we played bad, Oxford City just gave it everything - it's the FA Cup. Into the next round importantly, no reply even better! Would love a prem team at Meadow Lane or an away tie at Tottenham (just to do a Wembley trip without the ballache of a cup run/ nerves of a playoff) . 

On a side note, the thought of ever having to let go of Jorge Grant is getting more and more difficult