Match Discussion: Game 22 - The Mariners (H)

PON_News

Game 22 - The Mariners (H)

Team: Grimsby Town

Date: 16/12/17

Where: Meadow Lane

What line-up should Kevin Nolan opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

Been looking forward to this one for quite a while, but not sure that now is the right time to be playing them as they have won their last three games (although their last two were against the bottom two sides), so their confidence will be up.

We'll probably play the same XI as last week, but I'm not going to put the mockers on them by predicting we'll win, so I'll go with a 2-2- draw! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Grimsby will bring a lot of qualities which we tend to struggle against, so we will have to be prepared and ready battle from the off.

I think our midfield should be able to control the show, it's just a case of creating those winning chances - they'll be unlikely to allow us to get into good positions. This means we will have to work hard and not be afraid to have a go from distance. The wing will be a vital area for us in order to maximise the creativity and output that we offer. I think the game will be largely close, so I wouldn't be surprised if we are drawing at half time either 1-1 or 0-0.

Overall I think our quality will come through but its going to be close, they won't be pushovers and as I keep saying they are making a good push for the play-offs.

• Like 1

Got every reason to be confident going into this fixture , on a good run , strong at home , as mentioned above think this has the potential to be a fiesty match , they are on a little run I believe so as long as we are bang at it we can take the points but as ever respect the opponent and apply ourselves , COYP 2-0 

Well it's match day, I won't be at Meadow Lane today as I will be celebrating @cheeky~k8's birthday - hopefully if Notts win it will be a double celebration.

I think it's going to prove to be a difficult tie, it will certainly be interesting to see how we compare to them. We should be alright if we focus on the right areas, it's just a question will we this week? COYP

Can only agree with @Fozzy, it was a bit of a drag to watch but that was partly testament to Grimsby's good defensive work. The visitors had a couple of decent chances in the first half that could easily have gone in had there been a more clinical finish / less alert keeper, so I'm not unhappy with the point. It was a good crowd and sounded a good atmosphere, shame the match didn't really live up to it.

• Like 1