Good Luck To The Rams

Fan of Big Tone

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I'm going to watch Derby v Blackburn this afternoon on Sky (might as well get my money's worth while I've got it), so good luck to the Rams and I hope you get off to a winning start. I'll be interested to see if Alan Judge plays and what sort of a game he has.

I know @super_ram will be either at the match, in a pub watching and having a pint of real ale, or listening on the radio, enjoy the game Super.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Yes, I hope Derby get off to a good start!

Certainly it would be nice to see Derby beat Blackburn, I don't rate them as a side and they focus on the same positions until they've too many in the same position. They need defenders and hopefully Nigel and his merry men can go onto beat them. I wouldn't call it an upset either!

Come on you rams!!

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

Thank Chaps.The match has just kicked off. Granny and me got home just as the rain came down.

Last season Blackburn beat us easily away in the league and knocked us out of the FA cup at home 3-0.As I recall they were a rather physical  side and in a way bullied our young players,though I'm not saying they were dirty. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

There was a fella in a Derby shirt sat a dozen rows in front of us at Brammal Lane on Friday cheering on the magpies, so best of luck to them! :D

• Content Count:  12,906
  • Days Won:  162

well done derby!!

took the lead, i will share the stream. link

view in full scream to get rid of the annoying ads!

Nice one Liam, I'm on the phone trying to help Super..

I might miss it myself!!

Supporter+

Good match keenly fought, probably a fair result.

The young lad Hughes looked good for Derby and Judge certainly didn't look out of place in the Championship either.

Nice to see Craig Short on their bench.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Didn't watch the game apart from the last quarter of an hour but I thought the equaliser was coming, Derby were sitting too deep for my liking. The equalising goal was a great strike too. Dissapointing to conceed late on but at least the rams are off the mark :)

And Derbyshire have finally won a Division 1 game in the Cricket county championship! After nearly 3 quarters of the season they have their first victory since promtion last season. Surely they wont pull off one of the greatest of great escapes?

• Content Count:  12,906
  • Days Won:  162

i thought both was rather poor, blackburn seemed impatient to create play and their goal was good but a roll of the dice. very lucky!

good point for supers team!

Blackburn need to step it up, they weren't very good in the final third and the goal was very lucky. It shows how good players know where to be at the right now, though I actually thought Derby would have managed to hold onto the points.

At least they've gone away with one point.

The game needed more creativity, Derby parked the bus and that is the only fault I have with them.

Disappointed not to hang on to the lead,the same story as last season.Last season we could not hold on for a draw  or a win away from home.I was waiting for us to 'click',we seemed in too much of a hurry to get the ball forward.I thought Blackburn underachieved last season.They know how to close teams down  and 'boss' in  all areas..I'm always glad to get the first match out of the way,whoever we play and the result was fair.

Derby's opening match of the 1968/69 season was against Blackburn,though away,and ended 1 -1.I hope it's an omen as the Rams ran away with the title that season after a modest first 3- 4 games.

Thanks for opening the thread Tony,it's nice to discuss my 1st team for a change.Thanks also to the other members for help with links and honest comments,it made my day to know that so many fans on this site were backing the Rams :group hug:

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

Glad Derby didn't lose.Super says it;s early days for both our teams but I hope the pressure doesn't get to him.He was pacing up and down last Friday listening to us.Yesterday he he was refereeing the match and telling Nigel Clough what he should do.It's going to be a very long season for me. :rolleyes:

Rams just scored at Oldham in the cup match-Nerves relieved slightly-glad Notts not playing at the same time!

Fingers crossed you can do what we could do but Florist couldn't.

Good Luck!!

Supporter+

Yes good luck to the Rams.

Well we won and without too many scares.I only remember our goalie having to make one good save, though there was a goal line clearance from,I think, Forsyth We hit the crossbar and had 4-yes 4 -good penalty shouts turned down The commentary team went into great detail at the end of the match discussing the penalties and young Nigel,who doesn't usually make a big deal about refs,thought we should have had at least one.In the end I'm more pleased by the performance than the result.Ben Davies had a good game,as did all the other, normally, benchwarmers. So now all I need  is for Notts  do exactly the same tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Super Ram for Mascot!!

Rammy and Super Ram ;) Their very own Mr & Mrs Magpie!! (Sorry @super_ram you know which that makes you) ;)

Glad to hear you won! :sheep:

Supporter+

Safely through then Super! Perhaps if we get through tonight we might draw Derby that'd be good.

Archived