Match Discussion: Game 35 - The Boro (H)

PON_News

Game 35 - The Boro (H)

Team: Stevenage fc

Date: 24/02/18

Where: Meadow Lane

What line-up should Kevin Nolan opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

I really hope we go for a standard 4-4-2, none of this guess what formation that has been playing out.

Stevenage aren't exactly a 'difficult' team but if we don't play well - then it's only going to get harder for ourself. I worry that this is all related to pressure and, the recent results will only increase this. As fans will naturally want to see a fight for promotion or at least the play-offs, it might be wise just to make it clear what our target is now. At least then we can move forward or ease some of the pressure.

I would like to predict a home win for us, but at this stage I am unsure.

im dreading the game because i can picture it being frustrating if the result does not go our way.

If the players give us something to sing about we should be alright, its just a case of the formation and starting lineup.

Fail to win here, we may as well give up.

• Like 1

Ì hope brisley will be back in a 442 formation and hope for 3 points, oh and Ross in goal. 

Notts defended very little within the first half, we just pressed off Stevenage and a better team would have had a field day. I felt sorry for Collin for this reason, the amount of pressure being piled on and the amount of shots he saved it was a joke - he had no protection.

Yes, his distribution at times should have been quicker but every time he did it would only come back to him.

I do feel Ross Fitzsimons should now be given a go and if Ross does well, he should keep the starting place but if not - maybe some can be less harsher on him? Probably not but it seems unfair at times.

Jorge Grant made a difference, he didn't play great but he shown that little bit of class that changes games.

Once we scored we grew in confidence and we started to play better, I felt both teams overall performed very poorly and it wasn't the best match. Yet the result and three points are vital.

Supporter+
16 minutes ago, Chris said:

Notts defended very little within the first half, we just pressed off Stevenage and a better team would have had a field day. I felt sorry for Collin for this reason, the amount of pressure being piled on and the amount of shots he saved it was a joke - he had no protection.

Yes, his distribution at times should have been quicker but every time he did it would only come back to him.

I do feel Ross Fitzsimons should now be given a go and if Ross does well, he should keep the starting place but if not - maybe some can be less harsher on him? Probably not but it seems unfair at times.

Jorge Grant made a difference, he didn't play great but he shown that little bit of class that changes games.

Once we scored we grew in confidence and we started to play better, I felt both teams overall performed very poorly and it wasn't the best match. Yet the result and three points are vital.

No it wasn't a great match but 3 points were very welcome, we need to up our performance against Mansfield though because they are in good form at the moment and will be up for it. I wish the fans wouldn't be so quick to get on Collin's back, I really don't think it will help his game to hear the criticism at the match.

I thought Jorge when he came on looked really back to something like his best, it seemed to give the whole team a lift.

We lacked pace, the defending was awful. The game was screaming out a 0-0 draw but the goal Grant scored completely changed the outcome.

More focus on creating chances and taking responsibility at the back is required. Good win mind.