The beast from the east

Supporter+

Are we all ready for the heavy snow and freezing conditions which is forecast for this week?

It’s snowing here at the moment, I hope we don’t get too much, snow is ok when when you are inside and cosy looking out but if you have to travel it can be a nightmare.

Anyone got any snow yet? Are you looking forward to it or dreading it?

I don't fear or dislike snow, I actually like it but it seems weird this time of the year and because recently it has been getting warmer.

Provided it doesn't effect football too, I think it's fine.

Just keep safe everyone!

I H-A-T-E the stuff with a vengeance! My pal (visiting from London) laughed as I dropped her off at the station today, when I said, "I know you love this snow stuff; but as we're not a country that relies on selling Skiing holidays and the likes, just WHAT IS IT'S PURPOSE, HERE?"

Not looking good for the weekend's sport either and wondering if our away match at Cheltenham might be snowed off?

Forecast: Thursday - light snow/breezy;   Friday - light snow/breezy;  Saturday - sleet/breezy - so doesn't look good!

However, I'm thinking a 'snow-day' might just give us a bit of 'breathing space' to let others catch-up... and see how they fare?

Supporter+

Well I don't know what happened to the Beast from the East, we've had a few granules of snow and the temperature was -1 last night, hardly Siberian is it, how are other people faring? I've heard its bad on the continent.

Supporter+

I’d only just posted that it hadn’t snowed much, I went a walk up to the shops and the heavens opened it was like a blizzard, we’ve got a covering now.

I reckon the beast read my post on here and took revenge. :brr:

Supporter+
9 hours ago, liampie said:

its covered where i live in clifton, hardly gone too as people arent going out.

Same here @liampie we had a huge dollop yesterday it hardly stopped all day, now it’s just lying on the ground because it’s too cold to melt. We had a walk up to the local shops and there were a lot closed and hardly anyone around.

Good to see you back on here @Fan of Big Tone!

My Facebook feed is inundated with people posting pics of car thermometers showing -1°. When did we become so soft? It's just hit zero here and that's the warmest it's been in a week, it's been -11 at night. Our bottle of water in the car froze solid! We haven't had any snow until this morning though, so there's that. The roads really don't look like fun.

Archived