Match Discussion: Game 38 - The Stags (H)

PON_News

Game 38 - The Stags (H)

Team: Mansfield Town

Date: 17/03/18

Where: Meadow Lane

What line-up should Kevin Nolan opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

It's a Saturday, it's Mansfield, guaranteed loss! :(

Please Notts, for once, just beat them as I am fed up with this. I remember a time when we never lost to them and it was a guaranteed 3 points, now the boot is firmly on the other foot.

I'm just hoping that Flitcroft is still clueless as to his best side and we can sneak a goal, but personally think a draw is the best we can hope for as their squad is better than ours.

Supporter+

Mansfailed have become a bit of a bogey team for us in the last few years I really hope that this game will be a turning point and the see saw starts to tip the other way. I do think we stand a better chance since Evans departed. They have drawn two since he left so hopefully a bit of doubt is starting to creep into the players minds.

Heart says win.

Head says draw at best.

The tides kinda turned on both clubs, we had less pressure on us and now it's sort of restored itself back. Mansfield seem to be having teething issues with their new manager (who seems to be a bit of a bizarre appointment). I still think we could surprise fans, as most won't expect a win but on the day it depends how we play. If we had of played better at Field Mill, there's no chance they'd have won us so easily.

For the record I think they have a decent team and are capable of promotion, I've always said this but they're far from a 'complete' squad and there's a lot of weaknesses there that we could exploit.

Likewise, they can make us crumble and I hope for our sakes Richard Duffy plays well because if he does - we tend to do better.

I can see us winning, especially just pinching it late on.

It's most likely going to be tight again on the field, so we just need to encourage and be mindful that they can break teams down. If we work hard and perform well, it would be nice to win them deservedly!