Summer is here at last

Supporter+

We’ve spent the last few days in the peaks of Derbyshire in our campervan, isn’t it great to see a bit of sunshine and warm weather? It seems like the winter has lasted forever.

We’ve just followed a path from the campsite alongside a lovely stream to the village and had a fabulous meal in the pub, life doesn’t get better than this. How have you been enjoying this lovely weather?

Supporter+

Hope the kids behaved @magpiejue 

37 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

We’ve spent the last few days in the peaks of Derbyshire in our campervan, isn’t it great to see a bit of sunshine and warm weather? It seems like the winter has lasted forever.

We’ve just followed a path from the campsite alongside a lovely stream to the village and had a fabulous meal in the pub, life doesn’t get better than this. How have you been enjoying this lovely weather?

Come on  @Fan of Big Tone don't just give us half a story.What village and Pub or as our international man of mystery(that'll get some members wondering) are you sworn to secrecy?

In our (much) younger days @GrannyPie and me rambled alot over the White Peak and Dark Peak but today was confined to a short trip to the Docs for one of her blood tests and it was lovely not wearing a coat.

Supporter+

We were in Hayfield near Chapel en le Frith, the pub was called the George Hotel, I had Hake in butter sauce with dauphinois potatoes and Mrs. Fanof had Salmon and capers with Niçoise salad, for sweet we had caramel topped apple pie.

Anything else you need to know? B)

3 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

We were in Hayfield near Chapel en le Frith, the pub was called the George Hotel, I had Hake in butter sauce with dauphinois potatoes and Mrs. Fanof had Salmon and capers with Niçoise salad, for sweet we had caramel topped apple pie.

Anything else you need to know? B)

Yes ,what about the beer !

Supporter+
1 minute ago, super_ram said:

Yes ,what about the beer !

Haha, of course how remiss of me. I had a pint of Bombadier, Mrs. Fanof had a half of the same and we had a glass of Pinot Grigio with our meal. £34 for the meal which was delicious so we left a fiver tip. 

@Fan of Big Tone A bit of trivia for you-Did you know Arthur Lowe (Captain Mainwaring in Dad's Army) was born in Hayfield ?

Supporter+
9 hours ago, super_ram said:

@Fan of Big Tone A bit of trivia for you-Did you know Arthur Lowe (Captain Mainwaring in Dad's Army) was born in Hayfield ?

@super_ramYes there is a blue plaque on a house where he was born, we’ve seen that on a previous visit. Also Tony Warren who wrote Coronation Street and Pat Phoenix who starred in it were born in Little Hayfield.

It's more like normal summer again now @Fan of Big Tone

Supporter+
14 hours ago, super_ram said:

It's more like normal summer again now @Fan of Big Tone

Yes that’s true, cold, wind and rain. My jumper has come back out of the wardrobe and the heatings back on, don’t you just love the British weather.

Archived