Wetherspoons pubs

Supporter+

Whenever we are away, which is pretty frequently in our camper van, we find the nearest Wetherspoons pub, I’ve got to say the value of their food and range and value of beer is second to non I’m my opinion.

This week we’ve been in Southport which isn’t south at all it’s oop north between Blackpool and Liverpool, as usual we went to the nearest Wetherspoons for a meal, we both were feeling righteously health concious so I had a chicken, maple cured bacon and avocado salad, while Mrs. Big Tone had a quinoa salad, both were excellent, I had a pint of Wobbly Bob 6% (before you ask @super_ram ) and Mrs Big Tone had a ginger beer, the bill for food and drinks was just over £13. Amazing value for what we got.

Next day we weren’t feeling so health concious so went to the same pub and had fish and chips for two, again it was excellent, with the same drinks it was just under £20, brilliant.

So next time you are out and about and fancy a good pint of real ale and decent pub grub, check out the local Wetherspoons, tell them Fan of Big Tone sent you, I guarantee you won’t be disappointed. :biggrin:

In contrast today we went to a cafe, we had 2 cappuccino coffees and 2 tuna melt sandwiches, the coffee was in a small paper cup, the tuna melt toasted sandwiches came on a paper plate and was dripping with fat (it looked like it had been deep fried) and there was a limp looking lettuce leaf, it tasted horrible and cost us £14.

Supporter+
49 minutes ago, Piethagoram said:

Had breakfast in Wetherspoons Cleethorpes on Sunday...unlimited coffee refills for £1.25 I think

Yes breakfast is great too if you fancy something different to a fry up try the eggs benedict it’s really nice plus as you say unlimited coffee.

• 4 weeks later...
Supporter+

We found a great Wetherspoons in Portsmouth for a meal before our ferry, we had popped our head in Brewers Fayre first but decided against it in favour of the Wetherspoons, what a lovely contrast it was, the meal was great, really good value and excellent food, service was quick and the beer was lovely, no banging piped music either which is always a bonus.

The price is great, but sometimes they attract people who just make me want to pay a little more for a bit of peace and quiet. They are a good place to have food and a quick drink but if they are rammed I stay clear.

I like Wetherspoons, I think they offer great value and a responsible service.

I used to visit the one in Bulwell a fair bit, I have enjoyed eating there and having the odd pint of cider. The one's in two can get incredibly busy, yet I do like them. Breakfast isn't something I have tried, yet Hunters Chicken and Lasagne are two recommendations of mine! I don't think you can go wrong really.

Archived