Ratings Coventry v Notts

Piethagoram

Based on mean of 5

Collin 5 Again well protected, but with a few heart stopping moments, like "It's not my job guv" when remonstrating with Duffy.Still not willing to dominate his area, especially for corners.

Tootle 7.5 We look far more comfortable and balanced as a team with Toots back. Ludicrous penalty decision against him

Duffy 6 Ankle stamped on which the inept referee missed. Obligatory throwing himself to the ground and not getting anything aside, was strong when needed

Brisley 6.5 Important interventions in the first 15 minutes to keep Coventry at bay.

Jones 7.5 Powerful running in the boggy conditions... the set up for the goal was superb, a bone crunching tackle won, looked up and delivered the perfect ball in for Forte

Hewitt 6 Defensive performance but littered with over hit passes as well.

Noble 5 First half especially, always seemed second best for the second ball.. Tightened up in the second half

Virtue 3.5 More for Liverpool's benefit... didn't have the "engine" in difficult conditions and was being carried by the team

Grant 5 A few glimpses of class but again was rather lightweight. Needs to hit the target with his shots, too many shots missing in recent games

Stead 5.5 Battled well but isnt a target man. Was well marshalled by Coventry's defence

Forte 7.5 Movement with thought, great finish but could have scored a second minutes later.

Always amazes me ratings of a match. The same old question, did we watch the same match ? Springs to mind again.

Collins 6.5. Failed to dominate as usual, but as a shot stopper, did extremely well. This position needs addressing if we go up.

Tootle. 7.5  Solid, good engine and reliable. Devastated for him on the ridiculous penalty decision.

Duffy. 6 Not been convinced all season. As a unit the defence did well, but as an individual? Not so sure.

Brisley. 7. Quiet game in the sense that he did all his business and no major drama. What a CB should do.

Jones. 9. Fantastic performance. Best in a Notts shirt. Pace, energy, defended superbly, attacked superbly.

Grant. 6. Another game goes by where he fails to dictate anything.

Noble. 8 Thought he was close to man of the match. Went about his work in a superb manner and was always there to clear up mistakes and get us going again.

Hewitt. 7 As above, but not as prominent.

Virtue. 6.5 Tried to keep in the game and have his all, but he is not the answer.

Stead. 7 Ran after everything and played his role very well.

Forte. 8 Natural finisher who has the confidence at the minute. Well done Jon for taking the chance when it came. Great finish.

subs.

Alessandro. 7 Actually thought he tried to get into the game when he came on. Made a difference, which for me is strange, as I’m not a fan!

20 minutes ago, Piethagoram said:

@hissingdwarfwhilst we are aligned with most, cannot agree on Noble. The first half he was chasing shadows as the Coventry midfield dictated play and picked up virtually every second ball. Maybe I have misread the game as its always harder with a view from the lowest tier behind the goal?

Firstly, respect for getting to the match, whereas I had to settle for Sky last night I’m afraid.

I’m not a major fan of Noble normally, but he seemed to be in all the right places last night and he never stopped mopping up, which, imo, is something we lacked after Yates left. We have been prone to mistakes regularly so to have someone who can just calmly sort out the issues is a good thing.

Everyone sees a match differently, especially when watching on TV compared to the match. So many things you focus on at the match that doesn’t occur on the tv like the bloke going for his pie and Bovril at a crucial moment and shouting at him to sit down! 😂

I think Jones played a blinder and deserved the man of the match by a mile.

lets see how we do at the Lane now. As has been said before, I’d taken 1-1 before hand, just gutted at such a bad ref again.

Adam Collin deserves an 11 for that save in the first half alone, not only was it a crucial save at a crucial time it was one of the very best saves you will ever see, I mean that genuinely.

Justt pay attention to his starting position and just how quickly he changed direction to get down to it.

He had one dodgy kick otherwise he was very good and kept calm when he came out to clear the ball when he could have just lumped it which would have gave them a goal.

I had the benefit of of watching the replay over & over again on sky and every time the save gets better & better.

I thought it was a mistake to take Noble off, understand why he did it but that gave them momentum in midfield which they didn't have previously.

Duffy was excellent, think his & Brisley's partnership has developed over the season into an excellent pairing, despite looking like at times they got done with the running of Coventey players it was actually the midfield mainly not going with players.

Jones was superb, deserved m.o.m, Tootle was his usual self. 

We looked a different team once Virtue went off, we were effectively playomg with 10 men until that point, Allessandra / Hawkridge has to start the second game, would love to see Remaye Campbell on the bench for the second game, even better if he got a chance in the second half.

Stead & Forte looked good and seem to be developing a better understanding, and what a goal from Forte!

4 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

Based on mean of 5

Collin 5 Again well protected, but with a few heart stopping moments, like "It's not my job guv" when remonstrating with Duffy.Still not willing to dominate his area, especially for corners.

Tootle 7.5 We look far more comfortable and balanced as a team with Toots back. Ludicrous penalty decision against him

Duffy 6 Ankle stamped on which the inept referee missed. Obligatory throwing himself to the ground and not getting anything aside, was strong when needed

Brisley 6.5 Important interventions in the first 15 minutes to keep Coventry at bay.

Jones 7.5 Powerful running in the boggy conditions... the set up for the goal was superb, a bone crunching tackle won, looked up and delivered the perfect ball in for Forte

Hewitt 6 Defensive performance but littered with over hit passes as well.

Noble 5 First half especially, always seemed second best for the second ball.. Tightened up in the second half

Virtue 3.5 More for Liverpool's benefit... didn't have the "engine" in difficult conditions and was being carried by the team

Grant 5 A few glimpses of class but again was rather lightweight. Needs to hit the target with his shots, too many shots missing in recent games

Stead 5.5 Battled well but isnt a target man. Was well marshalled by Coventry's defence

Forte 7.5 Movement with thought, great finish but could have scored a second minutes later.

I agree here more than I do with @hissingdwarf but it's all about opinions.

I do feel Collin deserves a score closer to 6.

Noble and Virtue were piss poor, Liam just hoofed the ball uncreatively and wasted a lot of good breaks by being so rash with his decisions. Matty seemed to have no ability to hold the ball, control it or use it - most frustratingly was his lack of running.

Other areas I agree with, Dan Jones by far the best player on the pitch but Jonny Forte did well too.

13 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

@Northants PieI have just watched the brief 2 minutes of highlights. The penalty incident would have been made irrelevant had Collin had the courage to catch the ball

Nah I dont buy that, if you don't rate him you dont rate him thats one thing but saying his was average at best the other night? Jog on flower thats just rubbish.

Archived