Ratings Notts v Coventry

Piethagoram

based on a mean of 5

Collin 4 Failure to dominate his area especially on comparison to the Coventry keeper. Needed some big saves from somewhere, Coventry keeper produced 2 of those, sadly our didnt.

Tootle 6 Difficult to give a MoTM but thought in general, he played well against a lively attack

Duffy 5 One comical moment after fouling a Coventry player, there was a 10 second pause before he fell down clutching his face. Even so, the inept ref bought it.

Brisley 4.5 Needed a cool head but got involved in a fracas, which could easily have turned into a red card.

Jones 5 Always strong going forward, but defensive side of his game does fall apart, when he neglects responsibilities

Noble 4 In a word, ineffectual and rightly subbed

Hewitt 5 No matter about his getting around the pitch, totally ineffective when in possession. Coventry had a real grip on the midfield til O'Connor came on. Pass completion rate nearer to nil than 100%

Alessandra 5 Went missing second half, I would say flatters to deceive...but just feel deceived

Grant 5.5 Yes scored but his market valuation continually to deteriorate...Defensive side of game goes missing

Stead 5 Worked hard, had a shot well saved but never really got the better of his markers

Forte 6 A good goal disallowed by inept officials. Offers greater movement that the static Shola Stead partnership

Subs

OConnor 6 gave midfield some purpose with some drive and passing

Shola 4 a farewell cameo maybe. Never really got going

The team for last night . 5 is generous. Horrible performance apart from ten minutes after the break where the ball actually saw some grass rather than snow. We very ineffectual and poor for the most of the game. Men Vs Boys last night unfortunately. To be fair to OC he at least showed some composure so would give him a 6.

What i found interesting last night was that whilst Noble was on the pitch Hewitt looked good but when O'Connor came on we lookrd better yet Hewitt looked worse.

Personally I think some of the low marks are a little unfair yet cannot argue with any of the reasons people have given.

Duffy aside from taking Biamou out was very good last night, i think we quite clearly had some that turned up and some that didn't.

O'Connor brought the best out of Grant, Jones & Allessandra, he for me was the MOTM by a country mile and my god we have got to keep him next year, even if that means locking him in a cupboard with no food or water until he signs another contract...

Archived