Gary Rowett Set for Stoke City!

samwatto2008

What a snake! Is there any loyalty in football left? ... I think not. He started to build something at Derby and was keen to make the most of his stay. He had the backing of owner Mel Morris and he's well and truly stabbed him in the back. Asking to talk to a club is embarrassing of a manager of his quality. More importantly does this affect our chances or getting Mason Bennett on loan next season? 

Supporter+

Oh dear, what does @super_ram think to this news I wonder?

Derby will be able to opt for a more experienced manager I am sure, they need to go with someone who can pull in a few players who are ready or experienced within the Premier League - I don't mean the has been's like Darren Bent (which despite this, he seemed like a good signing. Just not the reported wages).

I think @super_ram will know if the Derby board are careful, they'll be in a stronger place next season.

4 hours ago, samwatto2008 said:

What a snake! Is there any loyalty in football left? ... I think not. He started to build something at Derby and was keen to make the most of his stay. He had the backing of owner Mel Morris and he's well and truly stabbed him in the back. Asking to talk to a club is embarrassing of a manager of his quality. More importantly does this affect our chances or getting Mason Bennett on loan next season? 

I don't see the issue personally.

He's asked for permission and Derby would get compensation no doubt.

Rowett is a decent younger manager but hes not perfect, Ram fans I know are hoping he goes so that they can go for someone who can actually get them promoted. As for Mason Bennett I can't see him featuring much for Derby due to his injury concerns so I expect him to find his way out of the club.

On 21/05/2018 at 18:56, liampie said:

has he gone yet? after what birmingham sacked rowett i would be disappointed to see him leave derby who took a chance on appointing him.

Yes he's gone.

On 21/05/2018 at 17:12, Fan of Big Tone said:

Oh dear, what does @super_ram think to this news I wonder?

Can't say I'm too bothered.I couldn't fathom his team selection at times nor his tactics.                     

You may recall I was a little upset when Nigel Clough was sacked.That was his reward for lowering the wages bill and rebuilding my team.Slow but steady progress under the Americans ownership.He did this with little money to spend after our disastrous last season in the Prem.Mel Morris became owner and appointed Steve(another Judas)McClaren who  inherited a side that only needed a bit of tinkering and a few GOOD signings.At least Mac had us playing exciting attacking football.He was sacked,Paul Clement appointed and sacked,then Nigel Pearson,McClaren again and finally Gary Rowett has departed(All these managers in a very short time   -sound familiar ?)All these managers (except NC)wasted loads of money while not improving the side.I wonder what would have happened if NC had been given a bit of monetary backing.Whoever takes over now will inherit an aging side and the Candyman has tightened the purse strings.Having said all that I'm disappointed with GR but I don't blame him.I guess he thinks that with parachute payments to help he'll get to the Prem quicker with Stoke and didn't fancy his chances with us.Ah well, here we go again!!!

On 23/05/2018 at 18:30, liampie said:

@super_ram his win to lose ratio seemed something that could have been a lot better.

i think derby will be fine, who do you think will replace him?

Looks very likely to be Frank Lampard @liampie.Whoever it is wont come with any Guarantees!Hope it doesn't turn out to be Jamie Fullocrap!

Archived